Hey guys I haven't been on here in forever. But here's my deal. I have a beautiful PRS Custom 22 10 top hardtail. A guy wants to trade me a 1974 les paul deluxe for it. Now all I do is pretty much play rock and metal. I'm not sure how the small humbuckers would do in the LP. I've always wanted a real LP and I guess this is my chance. But I do love the crap out of my PRS. Im torn. The guys said the serial number is 507xxx which seems to check out as much as I could find.

I come here for advice. What would you do? This is rough.

My PRS:

The LP:

i don't think the mini buckers are optimal for metal.

you could get a paul with buckers for the PRS if you want a paul. there are plenty out there used. worth about the same as a nice PRS, i actually traded my 08 Standard for a McCarty.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 8, 2010,
God keep the PRS,

that LP is nice but your PRS will probably be a better built guitar, with better electronics etc

and as you play metal you will find you probably wont like the LP's pick ups or hardware.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
PRS, that les paul wouldn't be good for metal and tbh just looking at the two i know i'd deffo keep the PRS anyways
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.