Hello,

I currently have a Fender Blues jr and it just can not deleiver enough gain, I have a TS-9 in front of it. What would be a good pedal to give some more gain. I play mostly Rock, Alt Rock, Indie stuff.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
ts9 is a great pedal, can you tell me why your ts9 is not doing it for you?
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
what's your budget?

and a ts9 isn't going to give you that much gain unless you're already getting a fair bit from the amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the blues jr and a ts808 clone and I have more than enough. Go to the Fender forum and look in the blues jr section. There are tons of settings there for whatever tone u are looking for. It will be ur amp settings.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
I feel like the the TS9 is just not giving me enough, I was looking for like Marshall level distortion, I was thinking about perhaps a Blackstar of some kind
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Any specific bands to compare your desired sound to? I'm not sure what to say otherwise. Oops, beaten to it. Maybe a Barber Direct Drive? I would say an MI Audio Crunch Box, but I feel like it doesn't really come alive until it get's to 11oclock on the gain. By then it's pretty much into straight up rock.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Jun 8, 2010,
You could always look into getting your TS9 Modded. Keeleys got a pretty good mod out for the TS9 that adds a good deal more gain. I'm pretty sure you can send your pedal to him, or even find a local guitar tech that'll do it for you.

Otherwise you've got lots of options. First you could always grab a second TS9, or better an 808 and run them together. I've tried this and it sounds great.

Other pedals worth looking into:

Fulltone OCD
Xotic BB Preamp or AC Booster (Or the BB Plus if you can afford it)
Wampler Plextortion
LovePedal Purple Plexi
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Blackstar or any other tube based overdrive. I've found that they all have this kind of edge to them that's really not appealing to me.
Question: Marshall-level distortion or Marshall tone?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
^ agreed. also, budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by icronic
You could always look into getting your TS9 Modded. Keeleys got a pretty good mod out for the TS9 that adds a good deal more gain. I'm pretty sure you can send your pedal to him, or even find a local guitar tech that'll do it for you.

Otherwise you've got lots of options. First you could always grab a second TS9, or better an 808 and run them together. I've tried this and it sounds great.

Other pedals worth looking into:

Fulltone OCD
Xotic BB Preamp or AC Booster (Or the BB Plus if you can afford it)
Wampler Plextortion
LovePedal Purple Plexi
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Blackstar or any other tube based overdrive. I've found that they all have this kind of edge to them that's really not appealing to me.

i love my OCD. that will give you more than enough OD for what you are looking for.

the catlainbread DLS is next on my list (even though i havent tried it).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/