Hi guys! I have a small problem which I hope someone might have an answer for

When I plug my guitar straight into my amp, I got no hum or noise when I turn op the volume really high, both on the clean channel and the gain channel. But when in a pedal, I get a very loud hum, even when the guitar volume is turned off and the pedal aswell. I did it with another pedal and it's the same thing. I figured that it's normal to have a little hum when having a pedal like a distortion pedal, but the hum is really loud. I tried switching to a battery in the pedal, as well as new cables, but nothing works.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me because I'm really stuck right now

Thanks in advance!
When I had hum, it was caused by my cheap PSU and also having a multi-fx pedal in my chain caused a lot of hum
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'd like to own a noise gate, but that's out of my budget for now

And the amp in question is a Roland 80x, the pedal is a Digitech Metal Master, but I also tried with another pedal and it did the same
Quote by YorkieBar147
this happened to me. you know what it was - the lead - try it!

Thanks for answering, can you be a little more specific please
Quote by Vaga
Thanks for answering, can you be a little more specific please

He means that cheap cables can cause hum.
Quote by Sguit
He means that cheap cables can cause hum.

I bought these kind of cables today

So those aren't good enough? I'll try to borrow some better quality cables from someone, but isn't there a chance the problem lies someone else? Thanks for the response btw
Quote by Vaga

So those aren't good enough? I'll try to borrow some better quality cables from someone, but isn't there a chance the problem lies someone else? Thanks for the response btw

It was just a guess, maybe that's not the problem
Maybe it's not even a problem, cheaper dist. pedals will be noisy, especially high gain ones
Quote by Sguit
It was just a guess, maybe that's not the problem
Maybe it's not even a problem, cheaper dist. pedals will be noisy, especially high gain ones

Yeah I figured, but this is a pretty good pedal, and the same problem occures with a delay pedal