Page 1 of 3
I do.

Personally, I believe listening to music in unknown languages is great. It helps me feel the emotion of the music, rather listen to a message it's trying show. It lets me interpret the emotion to my own message.

So pits, whatduzyouthink?

Edit: By foreign, I mean unknown to you. Not music that is not your primary language.
Last edited by Albino Uprising at Jun 8, 2010,
Lots of Rammstein, so German, which i don't really understand without looking up, and the odd French song, which i can usually work out.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Yes, english.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The French bit in Bad Romance if that counts, but that's it.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I generally listen to instrumentals anyway, so it doesn't matter.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Yeah, I have a couple of songs by bands who sing in Swedish, Danish, and Hungarian.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I listen to German and French songs, but I can understand those languages nearly perfectl.
I listen to some PMF, which is in Italian, and it doesn't really bother me.

Sigur Rós I think is made even better by the fact that a lot of it is in Icelandic, it has a very ethereal feel to it. The stuff in Hoplandic is even better.

And tbh, you have to admit 99 Luftballoons is just so much better in German
Brigitte Bardot and The Pillows

I think that's all I listen to.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by sashki
Does a made-up language count as foreign?

Quote by sigur-ros.so.uk
on von, ágætis byrjun and takk, jónsi sang most songs in icelandic but a few of the songs were sung in 'hopelandic'. all of the vocals ( ) are however in hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska in icelandic) is the 'invented language' in which jónsi sings before lyrics are written to the vocals. it's of course not an actual language by definition (no vocabulary, grammar, etc.), it's rather a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument. jónsi likens it with what singers sometimes do when they've decided on the melody but haven't written the lyrics yet. many languages were considered to be used on ( ), including english, but they decided on hopelandic. hopelandic (vonlenska) got its name from first song which jónsi sang it on, hope (von). tracks 7-9 on takk are in hopelandic.

There ya go
Only stuff I listen to that's foreign is Rammstein, and I don't understand a single word of it.
Just as well, I looked at the translation, the singer's a dirty minded little so-and-so.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Seeing as I listen to metal, I get shit in German, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian...all grades of shit.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!The world forgetting, by the world forgot...
Yes sigur ros, great music.

Sometimes he speaks icelandic, other times just syllables that sound like some language
Well, since I'm from Sweden, I guess english is a foreign language? :3 I don't really listen to that much swedish music to be honest..
Some Charlie Winston, which is in French, which I understand a little of, and Rammstein, which I don't understand **** all
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I listen to Rammstein, which I can somewhat understand because I have taken German for 2 years now, going into my 3rd.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Ja, ich liebe Rammstein.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I didn't used to, but I've began listening to a lot of Oxmo Puccino (French rapper), Miyavi (Japanese artist), and Ska-P (Spanish).

It's really good, not knowing what the lyrics actually mean in the case of Miyavi and Ska-P, and just taking your own meaning from the songs, or in the case of Oxmo Puccino, because I can speak some French, understanding some of the lyrics.
Rammstein, but that's it.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I listen to some German bands, most just Rammstein, but a few others as well.

I do know some German, but I'm far from being fluent. I usually can understand parts of songs, but not typically the entire song.
yeah i have music that isn't in english
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Do Fact sing in English and Japanese?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
A huge amount of Schubert's and Mahler's Lieder, which sound glorious. I adore the sound of sung German, and also Rammstein and Empyrium - their wholly German album, at least.

A fair bit of French music, too; namely Alcest, who play the most beautiful music.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 3