15 5%
The West
52 17%
Boston
20 6%
Voters: 308.
Page 1 of 6
"Your results for this quiz have been calculated and are presented below:

Keep in mind this is not an accurate result, because you did not answer the questions."

🙈 🙉 🙊
I have the correct one - Queen's English.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Result Breakdown:
77% The Midland
76% The South
69% The Inland North
67% The Northeast
66% Philadelphia
50% The West
28% Boston
9% North Central
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

EDIT: That's better.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jun 8, 2010,
I voted Philadelphia without taking the quiz thing. Mostly because I just looked at the poll and not the post.

I am from Southeast PA though, so it's probably accurate. I'll take it and let you know what my results are.

Apparently my top result is 'The Midland', then 'The South', then 'Philadelphia.'

Maybe the Midland one is correct, but I certainly don't have any hint of a Southern accent.

Apparently 'The Midland' includes Pennsylvania, so I guess it might be accurate.
Your Result: The Inland North
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."
Result Breakdown:
86% The Inland North
84% The Northeast
80% Philadelphia
77% The Midland
55% The South
48% Boston
45% The West
24% North Central

Makes sense considering I'm from Ohio.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Last edited by Got Guitar? at Jun 8, 2010,
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Yeah that's about right...
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.

Quote by Oroborous
I didn't even take the quiz but the link told me I have a Northeast accent

Yeah, I saw that and remembered having taken the quiz before, about a year ago, on facebook. Maybe you did? Or maybe TS linked us to his results...
Quote by captaincrunk
Yeah, I saw that and remembered having taken the quiz before, about a year ago, on facebook. Maybe you did? Or maybe TS linked us to his results...

Yeah, the link in the OP goes to his results.
Before I started the quiz, I was like.. I really don't have an accent. I talk very normal and have a very non-accent accent if that makes sense, nothing in my vocabulary sounds too extreme.

Then I got my quick results:

And I'm from Florida.
pretty good quiz
This is accurate.
Right down to what I call my carbonated beverages.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Jun 8, 2010,
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Pretty accurate. I'm from Michigan. And it is pop.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
/see location

I got this though:

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Last edited by Metalology at Jun 8, 2010,
midland
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Midland, bitches
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by daytripper75
I voted Philadelphia without taking the quiz thing. Mostly because I just looked at the poll and not the post.

Apparently my top result is 'The Midland', then 'The South', then 'Philadelphia.'

This. I voted the same and got the same, having not looked to see the quiz. I'm from Maine, but I've lived in Delaware a vast majority of my life, and yet I have a Midland accent? That's neither here nor there..
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by captaincrunk
You two are from Indiana, so of course

Eh, southern is also fairly prevalent here too.

EDIT: Also, epic Hoosier triple-post there. Doesn't happen too often

EDIT2: *checks location* you remembered that I'm from Indiana?!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Metalology
/see location

I got this though:

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

i got this too
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Inland North naturally, but I tend to pick up dialects pretty quickly.

I was in London for a week and got mistaken for a native after two days. I've been known to pick up a southern drawl if I'm speaking with a southerner as well.

The West.

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
North Easy. NY, etc.

Huh.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
apparently I just sound like an average white guy.

Masputo!!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's

Yep, about what I expected, even though I'm from the middle of Arkansas. I don't really have an accent, and no one believes me when I tell them I've lived here since I was born.
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.
Quote by Rooster10

Yep, about what I expected, even though I'm from the middle of Arkansas. I don't really have an accent, and no one believes me when I tell them I've lived here since I was born.

ah, that explains alot.

Over here in germany, some people aren't even sure if I'm from America when I speak english.

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah, where's my acting career?
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
This. I voted the same and got the same, having not looked to see the quiz. I'm from Maine, but I've lived in Delaware a vast majority of my life, and yet I have a Midland accent? That's neither here nor there..

Yeah I'm from Southeast PA, and I feel like I have a slight Philadelphia accent. Apparently not though.