So a few days ago I noticed that the back of my cell phone (the battery door or whatever you wanna call it) kept popping off. I just realized that the battery isn't really flat any more, it's kind of swollen on the top and bottom, does anyone know why it's like this? Is there anyway to fix it, or should I just get a new battery?

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that the charge only lasts like 4-5 hours now, when it used to last at least 10-12 hours.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 8, 2010,
Yeah I'd get a new battery, sounds like that one may asplode.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
I didn't think a google search would help me out but I tried anyway... This is what I found.

http://cellphoneforums.net/motorola/t254318-swollen-battery.html

Basically, it's from being overcharged I guess, which makes sense because even if it had like 3 bars I would hook it up to the charger every night.
Get a new battery. If it's screwed up and if you put it near your ear you might get hearing AIDs.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jun 8, 2010,
Yeah it's going to explode. Be careful with it.

I have seen this lots of times when I've worked in mobile phone retail. Throw it away and get a new phone, or a new battery.
That happened to my G1, and its only gonna get worse, before you know it, its gonna say its full and die 10 minutes later, then it wont work at all. Batteries swell when you overcharge them. Just get a new one on ebay, i got a new one for like $10
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Try putting it in the microwave. That should help.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Check it's glands.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jizz on it, that sould do it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.