Hello all, after struggling much with floyd rose stlye tem systems I have sold my Ibanez XPT700 and decided to switch to fixed bridge guitars. I am interested in Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. What do you guys think of this guitar.

By the way, one thing is, the new ones have 81TW/89 pickups. So where is the 81TW placed, on bridge or neck?

Thank you.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
While I don't know about the pickup, I'd assume it's on the neck. As for the guitar, it is one of the best out there. I would buy it ASAP if i were you.
When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice into your enemies eyes.
Since the 89 is essentially an 85 with a coil tap my guess is the 81TW would be the bridge and the 89 would be the neck
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
^agreed, personally, having it 85/81 (or in my case 85X/81X) lets the 85 shine so I advice people to try swapping them that way, but most guitars have it 81/85 stock.

Ive personally tried the hellraiser and the blackjack, the coil tapping made a slightly smaller tonal difference than I expected. Im buying a blackjack, and I still gotta try it out when I go to the store as with the neck, as I didnt pay attention with it when I tried it out. But again, if I didnt notice it, I guess its cool. Played both guitars a good 20-30 min... Anyway, they both kicked ass, for the money just awesome!
they're ****ing mighty guitars however they're above my price range usually
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Oh my god! FACEPALMS everywhere.

If any of you know jackshit about EMG's, you know the 81 TYPICALLY comes stock in the bridge. The 81TW is a coil-tappable EMG 81, and the 89 is basically a coil-tappable EMG 85.

Anyway, it's a pretty nice guitar. But you'll need a pretty nice amp for those EMG's. No MG's, Spiders or low-end Vypyrs allowed. Or basically any SS amp under 60W and modeling.
Quote by GNR4EVER
Since the 89 is essentially an 85 with a coil tap my guess is the 81TW would be the bridge and the 89 would be the neck

Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Oh my god! FACEPALMS everywhere.

If any of you know jackshit about EMG's, you know the 81 TYPICALLY comes stock in the bridge. The 81TW is a coil-tappable EMG 81, and the 89 is basically a coil-tappable EMG 85.

I bought it a couple weeks ago, and I love it in every way. Its sound is amazing for what I play (classic rock to metal), and is very versatile. The trem never goes out of tune, and lets me do whatever I want with it. To me, the emg 81tw sounds better than the regular emgs, though some people think it sounds spongy. on my amp though, its a dream come true for the perfect metal sound BUY IT ASAP (oh and did I mention is ****ing beautiful???)
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
I also just bought it a few weeks ago and love it, it is very versatile. The 81TW is beautiful for clean channel and bluesy stuff. If it sounds too spongy to some then they should invest in an EQ pedal or something similar. I agree with whoever said to not play it on a crap amp, you will need something decent to play it too it's fullest potential. The sustain on the guitar is unbelievable, you will love it.
My gear:
Schecter Tempest Custom (white)
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser (black cherry)
Samick MB-1 Malibu Stratocaster (cherry red)
Crate GX-212+ 120w amp
Well some reviewer on youtube was saying that the 81TW is on neck and 89 is on bridge. so I was stuck since I heard 81TW is basically the 81 with coil tap feature. Why it would be in neck? Isn't it weird? Actually I am asking cause I am ordering the guitar and I can't try it in the shop, they dont have it.

If the 81TW is on neck, shall I swap it with the 89 in that case?
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
no one to confirm is 81tw is on neck or bridge?
My Guitar Rig:

> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by metalter
no one to confirm is 81tw is on neck or bridge?

I have an older Hellraiser C-1 FR from back when they had an 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck. I can almost guarantee the newer ones have the 81TW in the bridge and 89 in the neck...

EDIT: The guy in the video you was was likely just mistaken. Even if the 89 is in the bridge and 81TW in the neck, considering the solderless system EMG's use, it would be very simple to switch them around (if you wanted to).
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 9, 2010,
Yeah, my friend has one of those. We all played it in different musical styles. It plays great all around. The body is thicker like a les paul body too, that gives it more sustain. Even if you don't like the hardware or pick ups on it, just buy it for the good wood and upgrade the rest of the stuff if you have to.
Quote by VIO-LENT
of ****
im planning to buy a C 1 hellraiser fr. and i have a spider ii 30 watt
y is this not a good amp for this guitar?

They're just generally considered to not be very good amps and some people make the argument that active pickups are designed to push the power-amp section of an all tube amp and the Spider is a modelling amp.

See if you can play the guitar through your amp at a store or something to see if you like how it sounds.
I have a Schecter Solo 6 Hellraiser (basically the C-1 in a single cutaway/Les-Paul-esque shape) and the 81TW IS IN THE BRIDGE.
Yes, 81TW=Bridge.
89=Neck.
Moving on, its a great guitar and has amazing tone clean and dirty, a very comfortable and fast neck, pretty stable tuning (probably my error but it goes out by a few cents quite a lot), and its very heavy.