Page 1 of 2
there are alot of people on here that always bash guitar hero
"oh, kids think they can play a real guitar just beacuse they can play a Guitar hero on expert"

well, ive never heard a kid say that....but, i think its gonna happen soon

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-power-gig/100989

i really dont like the idea of this...imagine the amount of kids who can 'play' guitar after this is relesed...

im not impressed by this, wondering how the pit feels
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
This again?

ITT: Elitism
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jun 8, 2010,
I cant be bothered watching, but is it the guitar hero with the real-ish guitar?

Im actually pretty excited for its applications as a learning tool. I need to work on my scales and speed, and I dont see how it wont help with that. It'll be weird going to eb games for guitar strings though.
...In my opinion.
what's wrong with it? it seems like a more advanced version of Guitar Hero, and something that might actually teach kids instruments.

what's wrong with that?

It actually seems like something that will bring guitar to alot of kids who never really thought about playing an instrument, and I see absolutely ZERO negative aspects about this.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 8, 2010,
Wow, that drum peripheral looks TERRIBLE.

How boring is that? Hitting the air? Really?
If people want to play it, then they should have fun. It doesn't affect me in any way.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i doubt itll catch on. people are to lazy to actually take time to learn how to actually use them. i also dont think the guitar would sound all that great outside of the game. that wouldnt be cost-efficient to the company. but it could definitly be great to culture young'ns in the way of music.
Quote by Pillo114
In all seriousness though, man up. What do you want us to do? Sue them for hurting your heavy feelings?
Quote by CoreysMonster
what's wrong with it? it seems like a more advanced version of Guitar Hero, and something that might actually teach kids instruments.

what's wrong with that?

nothing, but, is it really going to teach them anything apart from memorising how to play the songs that are on the game?
i doubt it will teach scales, chords, in short, ANY theory...even the essential stuff

and kids are lazy. alot of them wont bother searching for it if its not on the game.

they wont really know how to play guitar, they will just know how to play the game
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I like to play guitar hero, and this will probably make it more realistic, which is a-ok with me.
Jesus, that rep is boring as fuck.

Looks fun though, except for the drums.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
The negative aspects are that some idiots will prolly try to claim they can play this game at expert or whatever, when the reality is they still suck at guitar. The real proof will always be real guitar. Anything that provides a distraction from that is bad.

Also, I highly doubt you'll actually be able to play anything but the songs on the game. Seriously...
He said that it won't be anything beyond power chords. Extremely basic, in other words.

I would've maybe have given this a try if you could use a "normal" guitar with it. But there's no way I'm buying an expensive real/controller guitar just for the sake of playing power chords to songs that were made for the game and never has been heard before.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by link no1
nothing, but, is it really going to teach them anything apart from memorising how to play the songs that are on the game?
i doubt it will teach scales, chords, in short, ANY theory...even the essential stuff

and kids are lazy. alot of them wont bother searching for it if its not on the game.

they wont really know how to play guitar, they will just know how to play the game

it will develop their coordination and dexterity, as well as their muscle memory.

If a kid then wants to learn a song that isn't in the game, he'll have alot of skills already developed
Quote by link no1

And we should care about these kids.... why?
Quote by AA00P
I used to be all "boo guitar hero" or whatever music game, but now, my stance is pretty much this.

It's just a game... meant for, you know, fun? Let people have fun how they want to.
Quote by link no1

So you are saying in the age of user-created content and downloadable addons, that lessons and whatnot wont eventually be created? Thats if they arent included already, which I highly suspect they will.

The thing with trends is that often they are popular because they are really ****ing awesome. And people miss out on some very cool things because of their vital need to have indie cred fed intravenously right into their cool glands.
...In my opinion.
Anyone out there? I'm here, so we can get things started I love all music and make a littme myself. Miles
Looks pretty cool.

I'd play it, but I wouldn't buy it.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by link no1

Psh, shut up. They'll know their way around a guitar, they can improve their technique over time by seeing what helps them play most accurately and fluidly.

I don't really consider all that essential to simply playing the guitar and enjoying oneself, maybe that's because I've been taught the piano classically, but I just use my guitar as a piece of fun, play what sounds nice.

I can't wait for the next generation's guitar idols to say they picked up a guitar after this game.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
As a big guitar hero fan, this pisses me off. It shows ll guitar hero players as people who want to play guitar but can't, which isn't true. This has stepped over the line from fun game, to trying to be something it's not. This is the point where you should get a real guitar. Plus, the way you play guitar hero hero is NOTHING like the way you play real guitar. You hold the frets differently, you do chords differently and you strums differently. This seriuosly (intended) looks shit.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Does this mean were going to start getting complaints from kids about fret buzz and such on their controllers?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by freddaahh
Psh, shut up. They'll know their way around a guitar, they can improve their technique over time by seeing what helps them play most accurately and fluidly.

I don't really consider all that essential to simply playing the guitar and enjoying oneself, maybe that's because I've been taught the piano classically, but I just use my guitar as a piece of fun, play what sounds nice.

I can't wait for the next generation's guitar idols to say they picked up a guitar after this game.

But it wont do anything more than guitar hero already does, which is inspire. The actual game still works like guitar hero, with 5 buttons, which is very very different from real guitar. All this is is a guitar hero controller on a cheap guitar.

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
The annoying part with this is people will think they can actually play but really their technique is terrible and the game is filling in half of the notes for them. Also, this won't teach you how to play guitar, it will simple give you an idea of the beginner technique.

Even though it's beginner technique, I doubt that most people will be able to play this well from the get go. It's going to be "too hard" because people don't want to play mary had a little lam, unless they take the approach of playing a tenth of the notes that are really played.

I think it would be kinda a cool game for somebody who has small amount of experience playing guitar, but for somebody who hasn't, and for those who are good at it, it will be stupid.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
this is going to spawn sooooo many shitty "guitarists". not to be a bore, but an instrument is first and foremost a serious thing, it just happens its also really fun ^_^. an Xbox, is a virginity preserver.

however, if someone cant afford lessons with a teacher i suppose it is a good idea IF they are serious about learning.

Quote by King_Arthur
The annoying part with this is people will think they can actually play but really their technique is terrible and the game is filling in half of the notes for them. Also, this won't teach you how to play guitar, it will simple give you an idea of the beginner technique.

Even though it's beginner technique, I doubt that most people will be able to play this well from the get go. It's going to be "too hard" because people don't want to play mary had a little lam, unless they take the approach of playing a tenth of the notes that are really played.

I think it would be kinda a cool game for somebody who has small amount of experience playing guitar, but for somebody who hasn't, and for those who are good at it, it will be stupid.

this
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 8, 2010,
I think many people who haven't played the guitar before will grow quickly tired of this game, because it differs from Guitar Hero. In Guitar Hero, it's about eye-to-hand coordination, while in real guitar and supposedly this game, you have to memorize the song and practice it until you nail it.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
And those drums look shite, because there will be no ****ing bounce, which is necessary for fast drumming!

Quote by Kensai
Quote by GuitarViking
He said that it won't be anything beyond power chords. Extremely basic, in other words.

I would've maybe have given this a try if you could use a "normal" guitar with it. But there's no way I'm buying an expensive real/controller guitar just for the sake of playing power chords to songs that were made for the game and never has been heard before.

Chances are it'll be an unplayable, shit sounding guitar
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by Banjocal
this is going to spawn sooooo many shitty "guitarists". not to be a bore, but an instrument is first and foremost a serious thing, it just happens its also really fun ^_^. an Xbox, is a virginity preserver.

however, if someone cant afford lessons with a teacher i suppose it is a good idea IF they are serious about learning.

this

No it's not a serious thing, it's what you make of it yourself. There are no rules about how to play an instrument properly, you don't necessarily need to be taught, you don't need to know piles of theory, you just need to enjoy what you bloody play.

What's the worry about 'so many shitty guitarists' being spawned? So what? Do they embarrass you, or something? Or will it take away your guitarist coolness?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I fail to see how this would appeal to most kids, I mean this would be hard as hell unless you can actually play guitar.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by freddaahh
No it's not a serious thing, it's what you make of it yourself. There are no rules about how to play an instrument properly, you don't necessarily need to be taught, you don't need to know piles of theory, you just need to enjoy what you bloody play.

What's the worry about 'so many shitty guitarists' being spawned? So what? Do they embarrass you, or something? Or will it take away your guitarist coolness?

I agree with this guy.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
I agree with this guy.

Haha, considering your username I thought you were about lay in with the insults!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2