Hi

going to buy one of these amps as a starter amp and need abit of help splitting the two apart.
is there any real differece between them besides the badge?

thanx!
Let me give you advice. Buy a Peavey Vypyr or a VOX VT series amp. IMO, and a lot of others' opinions they are best starter amps period.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
thanks that was all useless (Y) i DONT have the money its this or nothing.....
not trying to be rude but seriously mg10 is £58 roland cube is £73 those will be the most worth it £15 of your life
Honestly MGs arent that bad. i just got rid of one, and for a starter amp honestly you can't go wrong. the people here are all just ******s who probably have never even tried one before haha. just got to a guitar shop and try a few out. see which you prefer
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Quote by Rossmillertarn!
Honestly MGs arent that bad. i just got rid of one, and for a starter amp honestly you can't go wrong. the people here are all just ******s who probably have never even tried one before haha. just got to a guitar shop and try a few out. see which you prefer

your right they arent that bad and atleast he's not thinking of buying a 100watt halfstack
but for a similar price there are much better alternatives like the cube or vypyr and i've had an MG myself so im speaking from experience
the features on the Roland Cube 15w:
Roland's CUBE-15X 15W, 2-Channel Guitar Amplifier comes with an 8" speaker, a 3-band equalizer, four lead types (Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, and Metal Stack), and the Power Squeezer. All together, these features will help you shape your tone and achieve a clear sustained sound. The CUBE-15X has a stereo input that allows you to add an MP3, CD, or drum player to your amplifier, and a headphone output so you can listen and practice along with your favorite music in privacy. In addition, the headphone output also works as a record output so you can record your sessions

the MG10:
clean and dirty, no 3 band eq, just the contour...

MG10 is 70$
Roland Cube is 99$

MGs are a major rippoff!
Well if those were the only two in the world I think I'd take the Laney. Quite frankly I'd have neither.
I notice that nobody is taking the TS's location into account, it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. That usually means he's American (very few others are that parochial) but we can't make that assumption. Maybe he's on a small Pacific island and that's all that's available to him?
how about a location and what sort of music you play?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 9, 2010,
laney for sure
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Buy the MG, you obviously don't want our help and for that you can have your shitty tone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett