Whenever I practice guitar I like to have a movie, or t.v show on in the background, is True Blood any good, I got season 1 and 2 and have never seen it?
Twilight with sex and globloads of Scene kiddery. And annoying accents. Watch the IT Crowd instead, yo.
...In my opinion.
true blood is just as bad as twilight, but its like twilight HARDCORE! but it still sucks
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
I thought true blood was quite good. Completely different style and feel to twilight.
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
If you like watching sex for the sake of sex every few minutes, and enjoy vampires in a Twilight-esque fashion, then go for it.
It's...meh. Good for when there's nothing else to watch and for when you wanna have a wank.
Sail upon the open skies
Oh yeah about 75% of it is sex (with vampires)
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
My parents are obsessed with it

...It's slightly disturbing.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
People are only drawing the Twilight comparisons because it's a Vampire Love story, it has absolutely nothing in common with Twilight other wise. But yeah, TonsOtits and blood/violence, so yeah it's awesome.
Is this the series with the girl who can read minds? Because I think that was true blood.

The first couple of pages in that book series goes a bit like this:

1. Girl can read minds. Thinks of it as a friggin' disability *wtf*
2. Vampire walks into bar where girl works. Girl can't read vampire's mind.
3. HINT: She thinks he is HAWT.
4. Vampire orders friggin' synthetic blood.
5. I closed the book swearing never to touch any even remotely vampire-related ever again in sober condition.
HAHA, no seriously. What DO you use a signature for?
Quote by Nicolai_Nebel
Is this the series with the girl who can read minds? Because I think that was true blood.

The first couple of pages in that book series goes a bit like this:

1. Girl can read minds. Thinks of it as a friggin' disability *wtf*
2. Vampire walks into bar where girl works. Girl can't read vampire's mind.
3. HINT: She thinks he is HAWT.
4. Vampire orders friggin' synthetic blood.
5. I closed the book swearing never to touch any even remotely vampire-related ever again in sober condition.

She hears peoples thoughts as if they were speaking, not a mind reader. That's pretty hellish seeing as you know everyones ****ed up thoughts.
I prefer "Being Human", although that's probably because it is similar "Underworld".
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by true_bacon22
She hears peoples thoughts as if they were speaking, not a mind reader. That's pretty hellish seeing as you know everyones ****ed up thoughts.

Then I am biased about the TV-show already. You gotta understand, that I read through Twilight from cover to cover and laughed my ass off. This book made me close it after a couple of pages. Twilight was f**king art compared to that.
Quote by Nicolai_Nebel
Then I am biased about the TV-show already. You gotta understand, that I read through Twilight from cover to cover and laughed my ass off. This book made me close it after a couple of pages. Twilight was f**king art compared to that.

How is that even remotely plausibly more retarded then Sparkling vampires who don't really need blood and can go out in the day and be angsty teenagers with the rest of the people? Seriously, you have got to be fucking with me. I guess you think X-Men is the Weird Al Yankovic of comics and that Heroes is the sitcom of the year... In the story, Vampires can sort of hear thoughts too. BLING BLING, OBVIOUS PLOT DEVICE, BLING BLING. And really, she can hear thoughts, IT'S A STORY WITH VAMPIRES, the realism barrier has been broken already. Like shit, "Yeah, wel I can see how the Vampires make sense, but that chick can hear the thoughts of the people around her which is so unrealistic and made up it hurts!". Also come on, the intro has Lapdances, decaying foxes and awesome Swamp Blues all in one!

Swamp Blues!

Fuck YEah!
Last edited by true_bacon22 at Jun 8, 2010,
How is that even remotely plausibly more retarded then Sparkling vampires who don't really need blood and can go out in the day and be angsty teenagers with the rest of the people? Seriously, you have got to be fucking with me. I guess you think X-Men is the Weird Al Yankovic of comics and that Heroes is the sitcom of the year... In the story, Vampires can sort of hear thoughts too. BLING BLING, OBVIOUS PLOT DEVICE, BLING BLING. And really, she can hear thoughts, IT'S A STORY WITH VAMPIRES, the realism barrier has been broken already. Like shit, "Yeah, wel I can see how the Vampires make sense, but that chick can hear the thoughts of the people around her which is so unrealistic and made up it hurts!". Also come on, the intro has decaying foxes and awesome Swamp Blues.

No, Twilight was just before the whole thing wore out it's welcome. And Twilight had the perfect pacing to make it epic funny. I never read Twilight even remotely seriously, and I did twitch uncomfortably a couple of times when Edward was being a supercreepy stalker and Bella was acting impressed. And then I began laughing. I have no idea why, but I just thought Twilight was hilarious.

And art was a bad word. Perhaps "John Cleese" is better, to highlight the comedy part.

EDIT: And I never made it that far into the book. Swamp blues you say? Perhaps I could have tolerated it after that.
Last edited by Nicolai_Nebel at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Nicolai_Nebel
No, Twilight was just before the whole thing wore out it's welcome. And Twilight had the perfect pacing to make it epic funny. I never read Twilight even remotely seriously, and I did twitch uncomfortably a couple of times when Edward was being a supercreepy stalker and Bella was acting impressed. And then I began laughing. I have no idea why, but I just thought Twilight was hilarious.

And art was a bad word. Perhaps "John Cleese" is better, to highlight the comedy part.

EDIT: And I never made it that far into the book. Perhaps I could have tolerated it after that.

Awesome, that is completely irrelevant to TBs perceived shittyness by you though. Ha ha... Thank you very much for highlighting my previous point: You are only hating on it because it's a vampire story in the Twilight era which then makes you hate it because you are apart of the Twilight bandwagon, blindly hating on it regardless to wether it's good or not. First of all, the Books from which True Blood is based off were first published in 2001, Twilight was first published in 2005. The True Blood show first aired in September 2008, where as Twilight was released in November of 2008. The True Blood story pre-dates twilight by almost 5 years, thus irrelevant to the hype Twilight has started.

Last edited by true_bacon22 at Jun 8, 2010,
Ending my part of the discussion here. This is eerily like a YouTube argument.

I read it after Twilight.
And I thought Twilight was hilarious.
And this thing maybe-kind-of-sorta reminded me of another vampire book, except this one threw things in my head rapid fire, thus not giving me time to laugh at the unintended punchlines. I hate it when I don't get to laugh at the punchlines.
End. Of. Story.
Quote by Nicolai_Nebel
Ending my part of the discussion here. This is eerily like a YouTube argument.

I read it after Twilight.
And I thought Twilight was hilarious.
And this thing maybe-kind-of-sorta reminded me of another vampire book, except this one threw things in my head rapid fire, thus not giving me time to laugh at the unintended punchlines. I hate it when I don't get to laugh at the punchlines.
End. Of. Story.

True, in the sense that it is referring to an argument with a sub-group of intenets, the Twilight Bandwagonboy.

Lumbust in his ways, demockerates anything in possible relevance, genre or personel despite previous cognizantion of their various content to the supposed symbolic aphex of 13 year old girlism, Twilight. Found amassed where male hormones are at climax, the Twilight BandwagonBoy or, TWBB, is often a reclusive but outspoken creature, extremely protective of his I-territory from Twilight and related hostiles(see:Mainstream Pop Music), sometimes at the cost of continuing his species.

Anyway, Okay, but you claimed it was amassed via the Twilight hype, which is false. So because it's a more challenging read you hate it? That's a fairly primitive way to react to things.
Quote by -tempest-
i dunno when i was a kid vampires sucked blood not c0ck. just sayin

Oh, you're edgy, using an overused putdown to hate on something that has almost as many haters as Al Queda.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.