This is really bugging me now, I have a Floyd Rose system tuned to Drop D, never had any problems until recently, there is a really annoying sound when a note is stopped, it only occurs when using the 3rd fret on the thick E and more or less all frets on the G.

I've included a MP3 below of the sound, it is very frustrating to try and record because of this.

http://www.kindredpoker.com/resources/arg.mp3

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
There's so much distortion in that clip it's hard to tell what you're talking about.. It also sounds like you're using a wah pedal on the first note

I don't hear any "noise" other than a faint hum in the background. Is that what you mean?
Its a crappy virtual amp preset, not had time to tweak it.

And yes, it is the faint hum when the notes end.
I am completely muting all of the strings when I stop the note, it feels like a little vibration in the floyd rose...
put some tissue paper in the cavity with the springs and see if that helps.

Springs may just be making excess noise.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Just did this and it did remedy the problem, however I don't really want to keep a rag in there, what solutions are there for this issue?
tissue paper...instead of a rag....thats what Steve Vai does
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
If you want a 'clean' solution you could tape a piece of foam to the back plate so that it's gently touching the springs.

If you don't want to do anything like that you could try changing the number/layout/type of springs, but that won't necessarily work and would also require readjustment.
Do you think that the rubber absorbs any of the vibration? If so, it could really hinder your sustain.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ