Hey i'm looking for a 2x12 cab for marshall jcm 800 2204,
I'm located in Europe ,
I want something with V30 preferably , What should i be looking for , i have around 360$ at absolute max to spend for , and i can also go used.

I've heard great stuff about Orange PPC212 but its bugging me that it's orange color and won't match the head - there's one on ebay right now for around 290$ .

What should i be looking for ?
Go with whatever sounds good to your ears

Personally I'd never recommend a V30 loaded 212 cab for a JCM800. That is a recipe for ball-less, shrill tone with too much emphasis on the mids
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
@the boogieman,
I play GnR so you could understand why i want V30's. The orange 2x12 has V30s in
What would you propose?
Last edited by Goodnighttnight at Jun 8, 2010,
You can get Orange cabs in black.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
For 570 eu yeah :/
If i find it used sure but i haven't seen one yet.

What about Marshall 1936 or something like that , i see a lot of those
Europe? Low Budget? 2x12? V30's? Wow are you in luck

http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

Note: That's the Irish version of Thomann's site, you might want to change it to whatever country you're in as the price can fluctuate due to tax and such.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 8, 2010,
Yes i was just looking at that , its pretty cheap. Are those cabs as good quality and sound as the Orange for example ? I mean the price for an Orange 2x12 is more than twice than this.

Also i can find used Marshall 1936 for about the same money as the Harley Benton ,

I wanted to go for V30 because GnR used those
Should i go for V30 or G12T-75 ?
Last edited by Goodnighttnight at Jun 8, 2010,
1936 has G12T-75 tho , and i know Slash uses V30s. And GnR is most of what i play

Think i'm going for Harley Benton 2x12 with V30 atm,
Anything against that? Is it a better option than the Marshall 1936 ?
Last edited by Goodnighttnight at Jun 9, 2010,
To be honest, if you can get the Marshall at the same price as the Harley Benton (And it's in good condition) then that sounds like a steal to me. Plus, the Marshall will have more re-sale value.
But the Marshall has G12T-75 instead of V30 ,
I'd like to go for v30 because then i'd have similar rig to what Slash uses.

Should i go for the Marshall 1936 anyway or ?
Quote by Goodnighttnight
But the Marshall has G12T-75 instead of V30 ,
I'd like to go for v30 because then i'd have similar rig to what Slash uses.

Should i go for the Marshall 1936 anyway or ?

I think you might be overestimating the role of the speakers a bit. The speakers rarely have any tonal impact specifically (Hang on everyone, hang on), they have more of an impact on the response of the different frequencies. For example, Slash may have used V30's but I'm pretty sure Lamb of God used them aswell. You can't really say V30's have a 'bluesy' or 'metal' tone, they have a nice midrange and an articulate top end (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Ultimately it's up to you. To be honest, it's nearly impossible to copy another guitarists tone exactly. While a large amount comes from their gear, a huge amount also simply comes from the way they play and how they were recorded. Besides, while you may want to get Slash's tone right now, down the line I'm sure you're going to want to develop your own tone. If you like Slash's tone then great, that's a good indication of where you might want to take your own tone later. The JCM800 is a great amp, I'm sure it will serve you well in finding your own tone in the future as well as getting you closer to Slash's tone right now.

No one can make this decision but you. To be honest, I haven't played through either of those cabs and I'm no expert on speakers. If you want to make the right choice the best bet is to read up as much as you can on each of the cabs regarding sound and build quality. See if you can find some clips on youtube or something comparing the V30's with the G12's and decide which would complement the sound you want to achieve best.
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 9, 2010,