I'm looking for a ESP guitar around $1,000-$1,400.

I play Deathcore/Deathmetal/Metalcore stuff like that.

I've been looking at the LTD EC-1000 Deluxe series and the LTD MH-1000 Deluxe series.

If you could suggest any other ESP guitars that are good for these types of music or tell me your thoughts on either of the two I mentioned, that'd be great. Thanks
I would absolutely suggest either the EC-1000 deluxe, or the ESP Eclipse II's. Preferably the Vintage Black model, it's ****ing sweet.

I've got the EC-1000 VB myself and it's the best guitar i've ever played, it's light, yet it produces the most brutal tones.
Last edited by Oligog at Jun 8, 2010,
I would say any of the esp mij models.
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
For that kind of money, check ebay or something, and you could buy a new Edwards horizon III...

if youve never seen a horizon III, look em up. good for what you want too. plus that body shape is just damn sexy
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
For that kind of money, check ebay or something, and you could buy a new Edwards horizon III...

if youve never seen a horizon III, look em up. good for what you want too. plus that body shape is just damn sexy

This, if you wanna see one, check out my profile

But srsly check out Edwards guitars at your price point. Much better than LTD Deluxe.

If you wanna stay with LTD though I'd go with the MH-1000 over the EC-1000 simply because I like the feel and access to the higher frets better on the MH.
I don't really know anything about these guitars...is the LTD EC-1000 a cheaper version of an ESP Eclipse, kind of like how an Epiphone Les Paul is cheaper than a Gibson Les Paul? Is that the situation?
Quote by L0lDJ
I don't really know anything about these guitars...is the LTD EC-1000 a cheaper version of an ESP Eclipse, kind of like how an Epiphone Les Paul is cheaper than a Gibson Les Paul? Is that the situation?

That's exactly the situation.
LTD MH400/401 if you hunt around you can get some steals on ebay, i got mine for the equvilant of about $400!

pretty much the same as the 1000's but with out the abalone bling, much more tasteful IMO

also the older 400's are MIK though my MII 401 is also very very good,

save a load of money this way and put what you save to some nice gear

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you have up to 1400 to spend, go for the real deal and get a Eclipse II:

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
LP, is that the Japanese market Eclipse? or is it the regular American market one? The horn makes me think its the Japanese-market one.
ESP is better than LTD, but I wouldn't say as much as Gibson is better than Epiphone. An EC-1000 is going to be pretty damn comparable to an ESP Eclipse. An EC-401 compared to an Eclipse, however, is going to be closer to that Gibson/epiphone comparison.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Looking at the price difference between a EC-1000 (I saw the one I liked online at Guitar Center for $750) and I'm assuming ESP Eclipses are about $1500 from recent posts, are the Eclipses worth the extra chash?

I'd like to have some cash left over, and if I go with the EC-1000 I'd have almost $700 left over to save or spend on some gear. But if there is a major difference between the two and the Eclipse is that much better than the EC-1000 then I'll probably go with the Eclipse.
There's a good difference, but IMO, not a $700 difference
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
If you can get one used the Horizon NT-II or the Eclipse will be roughly $900-$1100 depending on their condition.

Personally if you get a guitar with EMGs they all sound the same to me. I agree with simpleben09, there's a nice quality difference, but if you're trying to save up some money too then you may as well get the LTD EC-1000 and get a nice amp with the other $700 nice the majority of the tone comes from the amp.

But if you find a used ESP going for a nice price grab it. I would think it's worth it.
ESP Phoenix.

I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
maaan, no one else suggested a horizon III?

i am disapoint...
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by siverstorm
I don't count i know i know.

-self-esteem drops-

sorry, but since you already have one, i envy you far too much to acknowledge your existence...

haha, no im sorry i completely missed your first post! so we have one guy who knows whats up!
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by siverstorm
LP, is that the Japanese market Eclipse? or is it the regular American market one? The horn makes me think its the Japanese-market one.

Overseas market.

And ts it depends on how you like your upper fret access, I find the EC to have fairly lame ass fret access but the MH with it's neck thru to be absolutely stunning. You should definitely give them a try and if you don't mind going used then definitely do it since you can find bargains if you can wait around.
If you have 1400$ to spend,why dont you buy an original ESP?the MII is 1450$ and thats one hell of a guitar..
Original series? No chance

Quote by archenemyfan
If you have 1400$ to spend,why dont you buy an original ESP?the MII is 1450$ and thats one hell of a guitar..
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.