Ok, so ive been playing my Jag through my Digitech and then the line input on my bass amp for a few months now.

Im now selling my bass and now my amp, and it crossed my mind that it might be worth it to be a real amp this time.

Obviously, tube amps crossed my amps, though I never really felt I should bite the bullet and pay the price for one. I got decent tones through my previous setup, and my multi-fx is very competent.

But then again, i have no experience in this area.

So, is it worth getting a tube? Also, can I bypass the amp sim on my digitech?

Thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
genre: hard rock, with some alternative rock, like woflmother, guns, muse etc.

pay: well, preferably below 500. amp cant be huge either
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
genre: hard rock, with some alternative rock, like woflmother, guns, muse etc.

pay: well, preferably below 500. amp cant be huge either

Really any tube amp will do most of that. If you do it right for $500 you can get a used Deville 2x12 or 4x10(60watt). Amazing cleans, has an effects loops, loud if you need it, quiet when you don't. Its the best bang for $500. Just know your going to rely on your effects alot.
Im pretty big on Fender amps. I own 2 and have played on most common ones, they all have great cleans, amazing reverb and take pedals well.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 8, 2010,
check out the Peavey Vypyr 60watt combo, GuitarCenter has them around $450, reall powerfull and has a 12" speaker
The real question you should consider is how loud you’ll be playing this amp. If you’re playing at home at low volumes you’re not going to get better tones from a tube amp than you will from your RP355 and a set of good monitors—and you can get a set of good monitors for under $200. But if you’re able to play it loud a tube amp might be worth looking into.