Page 1 of 6
I've always had fun with these in the past.

The idea is simple; you download the GP, listen to it, and pick up where the last person left off, adding in your own part.

Some basic rules to keep this going:

• If you want to write the next part, just post saying so; this way, multiple people won't pick off from the same part, leaving one entry to be ignored. If the person before you isn't done yet, still, feel free to post and claim your spot. Then, one they're done, whoever had claimed the spot after them can go. If someone already called next, just call the spot after them; pretty simple, really. Once you've got your part done, edit your post calling your spot, and upload it.
  • Label the beginning of your section with your username.
  • Feel free to add whatever you want to. Did the person before you end in the middle of something similar to a Blink-182 interlude, but you feel like writing a metalcore breakdown? Well, go for your metalcore breakdown! I mean, it'd be nice if you included a similar melody, theme, or other element from the previous section, but it's not necessary; hell, if we each just follow the course of the person before us, this will get old pretty quickly!
  • Feel free to add tracks; let's say you need a third guitar for the next part, or you think a 5-string bass in Drop A would just make your section awesome. Well, go for it! Just don't add them unnecessarily. For example, if you want a bridge with a string orchestra, and will only need one guitar, it's pretty simple to change one of the guitar tracks setting to strings.
  • If you make any changes to tempo, or the settings of a track, be sure they're done using F10, so it only changes your part, and not those before you.
  • For the most part, don't edit the sections of those before you. Seeing as some parts could be improved with a proper transition, I will allow this; you can change the instruments in any tracks that the person before you used for the last measure of their section, and any tracks they didn't use for the last four measures. This should allow you to make proper transitions, without messing up their section.
  • Eventually, the file will get to large to post. Don't delete other peoples parts to make it smaller; just put it in a .ZIP file.

I think that should pretty much cover everything.

That being said, I've started you off with something pretty much open to your interpretation; this is simple enough that you can take it wherever you want to go.
Attachments:
Collaborations Are Epic.gp5
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 8, 2010,
Dibs on after AngrySockMonkey. I have high hopes for this. Hopefully it'll turn out better than most collabs.

Eh kept it kinda short, just kind of bringing to a more faster pace. Feel fry to change anything.
Attachments:
Collaborations Are Epic1.gp5
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Last edited by champayne at Jun 8, 2010,
dibs after champayne.
This sounds epic

EDIT:
Meh. Kind of wanted to change the chord progression a bit... Don't know if I fitted what I did in as well as I wanted but...
Feel free to change anything etc... I won't mind
Attachments:
Collaborations Are Epic1.gp5
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Just expanded and changed to distorted. Imagining something a bit more intense, heavy or interesting after this aha.
It occured to me to add this to the OP at about the same time as you posted this.

When you've got your part done, just edit your post that claimed your spot, instead of making a new post; it helps to prevent people from being skipped.
I'm so gonna participate on this. Gimme some time and I'll upload it.

EDIT: Almost done.

EDIT: Done!
Attachments:
Epic Fruitcake Collaboration.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jun 9, 2010,
Complete change of genre but i thought it flowed well and it can easily be changed back to something else.

EDIT: I change mine to fit Ometh's once he's uploaded his part
Attachments:
Collaborations Are Epic.gp5
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
Complete change of genre but i thought it flowed well and it can easily be changed back to something else.

EDIT: I change mine to fit Ometh's once he's uploaded his part

Done pal, and thanks for doing that. I don't want to be left behind
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
Done pal, and thanks for doing that. I don't want to be left behind

All of our's to yours was the biggest lol moment I ever had. I mean, its good, but it was like maybe hard rock transforming into the guitars tremolo-ing the shit out of them selves and blastbeat galore. I'm guessing that was the reaction you were going for, judging by the "what in the name of ****" thing...
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

Last edited by champayne at Jun 9, 2010,
Adding my bit on the end, i thought i'd kept going with the A# guitars.
Attachments:
Epic Collaboration.gp5

Colossus
Last edited by frankibo at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by frankibo
Adding my bit on the end, i thought i'd kept going with the A# guitars.

Your attachment link is broken for some odd reason

EDIT: What in the name of cake, now it works yay!

2nd EDIT: lol I swear this is my last edit: can people work on this whenever they want or is just like a part per person?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jun 9, 2010,
You can do as much as you want, but if you've already gone, try to make sure no one else is waiting for a spot before calling it; just so everyone gets a chance.
ill be after ankthebank

ive dreamed with this moment!

EDIT: People should start doing their stuff in another GP file even if the person before hasnt finished, just to gain time. After, you can copy paste it
Last edited by actaderock at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by ankthebank
Oh 'ometh' please can i do the next one! The bit i've got is so good!

Of course you can be the next, I'm not going to do this part, I'm not that selfish lol.
And awesome that I can do another part, I'll do it when I'm bored or something lol.
Also, I had a great idea:when we finish this up, why won't we do something like a collab video for youtube: each user plays the parte that he wrote; that would be kickass. But I'm not shure if I can play the part that I wrote, at least the sweep thingys; I can't sweep for my life
Lol can't wait to see new parts, this is turning great
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
Of course you can be the next, I'm not going to do this part, I'm not that selfish lol.
And awesome that I can do another part, I'll do it when I'm bored or something lol.
Also, I had a great idea:when we finish this up, why won't we do something like a collab video for youtube: each user plays the parte that he wrote; that would be kickass. But I'm not shure if I can play the part that I wrote, at least the sweep thingys; I can't sweep for my life

I've uploaded my part - it's basic, but... it sounds good! That youtube collab sounds like a great idea, i would enjoy that!
Quote by Ometh

i think it is an awsome idea, but where should i write my part then'??????
Quote by ankthebank
I've uploaded my part - it's basic, but... it sounds good! That youtube collab sounds like a great idea, i would enjoy that!

where did you upload it?
Quote by CheesyMozarella
I'll go for a spin again then, after actaderock.

Me too. After CheesyMozarella.

Done. Just kinda broke down your riff and added a tiny solo thing.

Quick edit: just changed the drums at the end.
Attachments:
Collabowations aw epik.zip
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

Last edited by champayne at Jun 9, 2010,
Dibs after champayne

EDIT: wee, core derail.
Attachments:
asdf.zip
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Jun 9, 2010,
Damn I want in on this. I'll be checking back. Reserved as of this post.
has a terrible signature.
Haha I exported this to midi and it turns out its already 5:19, lets keep it up.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

When i come back home tonight i'll add another bit.

Edit: I added my next bit.
Continued the last part with a nice chordy bit. The went mental before bringing back some stupid fast riffing and dissonant leads. enjoy.
Attachments:
Collaborations are my adoration.zip

Colossus
Last edited by frankibo at Jun 10, 2010,
Gonna be next, reserving this spot after frankibo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
Gonna be next, reserving this spot after frankibo

You said that at the exact moment i uploaded it. CRAZY.

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
You said that at the exact moment i uploaded it. CRAZY.

Lol, lucky I guess . I noticed something that bothered me because I pay too much attention to details. Someone changed my 5 string, tuned in A#, bass, from fingerstyle to pick It's meant to be fingered, motha****az! Lol if you want to change an instrument change it only for you part, clicking on F10 and selecting the instrument that you want. That way my bass stays fingerstyle.

EDIT: I'm gonna change the bass again, and I'm going to start to work on my part. It's going to take a while, I'm slow as hell lol

2nd EDIT: frankibo, your part is lovely lol

3rd EDIT: Jesus ****ing christ, almost done. This part is epic and long as hell. Also, can I use this part in one of my songs or do you guys think that is lame lol

4rth EDIT: My part is ****ing huge, it's from 273 to 348, lol. Here it goes

5th EDIT: Changed up a little detail. Exported the song as MIDI to see how long it is, now it's almost 10 minutes long lol
Attachments:
Epic Are Collaborations.zip
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by Ometh

2nd EDIT: frankibo, your part is lovely lol

sarcasm much?

Colossus
Musically I like what you've added Ometh, but 32nd notes at that tempo is just grating. I thought it in the first bit you added as well. It's just hard to listen to with the double bass and blast bits and tremolo picking at that speed. I think those bits need a tempo change cause like I said I really like the music, the riff starting at 278 is awesome, it's just sooooo fast its painful to listen to.

EDIT: Added a little synth bass bit for fun, I'm interested to see how it'll be followed
Attachments:
Collobate this.zip

Colossus
Quote by frankibo
Musically I like what you've added Ometh, but 32nd notes at that tempo is just grating. I thought it in the first bit you added as well. It's just hard to listen to with the double bass and blast bits and tremolo picking at that speed. I think those bits need a tempo change cause like I said I really like the music, the riff starting at 278 is awesome, it's just sooooo fast its painful to listen to.

EDIT: Added a little synth bass bit for fun, I'm interested to see how it'll be followed

Yeah I understant that, in real life I play it a lot slower It's just that that speed is the closest thing to you know, the speed that I wanted it to be, do you understand?

EDIT: Since I'm bored and noone clamed the next part I'm going to do it Lol I'm so board

EDIT EDIT: forgot to put the edit thingy. phailephant.

EDIT: After paying with it for a while, I concluded that I cannot come up with anything decent for the moment, so if one of you guys wanna make the next part, go for it
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jun 10, 2010,
Dibs After Frankibo

EDIT: Fine after Ometh LOL

EDIT: Oh lord, keep this atrocity if you want. It sounds kind of cool, but I don't know what to do with this LOL. If you like it keep it, if not scratch it then do your thing Ometh :P.
Attachments:
lolol.zip
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Jun 10, 2010,