Page 1 of 3
I know plenty of people who are successful and do drugs like pot, and even some experiment with LSD, Ecstasy, Mescaline, and shrooms, just because they enjoy it. It doesn't control their life or anything. Are there any successful people anybody out there that do Heroin just because they like it? Or, does Heroin just ruin the life of everyone who starts it?
Visit the Drug Thread, friend. There are several people in that thread who maintain their lives and use Heroin.

There are no such thing as good or bad drugs, just good or bad relationships with them. Unfortunately painkillers like Heroin have a high potential for a bad relationship in most people, but some people have the ability to keep it under control.

Not me, I don't trust myself with even painkillers.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Hunter S. Thompson?... I might need some backup for this one though.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Heroin owns 99% of the people that use it. I don't like being owned.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

+100

heroin is not a toy. Don't fuck with it.
Quote by Jackal58

I'm a substance abuse counselor and I would correct this to 99.9%

There are really enough other ways to waste your time with. Feel free to mail me
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Yah, Heroin is synthesized from opium, which is one of the most addictive drugs out there.

So basically, no, you don't generally do heroin once in awhile. You can prob do it up to 10 times without addiction, depending on your personality, but it's a downward spiral.

The only hard drugs that imo can be taken recreationally are coke and MDMA. I've done both (even had a period where I did coke a decent amount, like twice a week) and have never been close to addicted.

But don't play around with those kind of substances, bad things can happen.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I think the problem comes whent you can't afford a drug habit, not when you take drugs.

I think you should start up Heroin. It'd be nice seeing you all happy with a hobby.
I have never heard of anyone that just did heroin once in while, only people who got ****ed up addicts because of it. Heroin is possibly the worst drug out there, it ****s you up. Don't do it. Stick to pot if you have to do drugs.
I'm all for more relaxed drug laws, but heroin scares me. For every user that manages to maintain a lifestyle whilst using, I bet there's a hundred that get completely ****ed over.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
heroin isn't something to fanny about with, it's far too addictive, has far too many negative side effects and is far too incapacitating. It takes over the vast majority of its users lives. Drugs like cannabis are much easier to control because they are less addictive (I know some people would like to claim that cannabis isn't addictive at all, but my personal experience begs to differ) and less physically harmful.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Sir Daniel
I'm all for more relaxed drug laws, but heroin scares me. For every user that manages to maintain a lifestyle whilst using, I bet there's a hundred that get completely ****ed over.

I can't say I've heard of anybody living a normal life on heroin. I have on coke, crack, even meth. Not heroin...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by boreamor
I think you should start up Heroin. It'd be nice seeing you all happy with a hobby.

I might have dreams of becoming a rockstar but that's a little too far.

Plus, none of the members of Rush do drugs....which is good enough of a reason for me not to start.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I think the problem comes whent you can't afford a drug habit, not when you take drugs.

Why do you troll with every single post?
-Jim Morrison
Quote by jgbsmith
heroin isn't something to fanny about with, it's far too addictive, has far too many negative side effects and is far too incapacitating. It takes over the vast majority of its users lives. Drugs like cannabis are much easier to control because they are less addictive (I know some people would like to claim that cannabis isn't addictive at all, but my personal experience begs to differ) and less physically harmful.

This, but
Quote by jgbsmith
something to fanny about with

Srsly, TS, the scare tactics about heroin aren't exactly bad things. Try something less stupid.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I don't give a damn what drug it is. If it's illegal, it's obviously illegal for a reason. Just leave drugs alone. They're a waste of money and will bite you in the ass and the wallet.
Quote by leg end
I don't give a damn what drug it is. If it's illegal, it's obviously illegal for a reason. Just leave drugs alone. They're a waste of money and will bite you in the ass and the wallet.

I'm not arguing your last part, but weed is illegal because of corrupt gas and oil companies sprouting propaganda, not because it's bad...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by jgbsmith

cannabis is not physically addictive, but, everything on Earth has the potential to become psychologically addictive to its user... from video games to sex to any food...

but TS, don't try heroin.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by dustyboy316
I can't say I've heard of anybody living a normal life on heroin. I have on coke, crack, even meth. Not heroin...

I think I once read a story about a doctor who was regularly using clean heroin and maintaining his career. Obviously without a source, it's pretty pointless to bring up, but I certainly agree that heroin is hugely destructive and should be avoided at all costs.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
you seriously made a thread to see if you can find a successful H addect?????? come on dude get a life. Stay off that sh*t and you wont have a problem, start shootin up and you will be dead in a year.....
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by leg end
I don't give a damn what drug it is. If it's illegal, it's obviously illegal for a reason.

-Jim Morrison
Ive watch some close friends waste their lives to heroin. I seriously will punch anyone in the ****ing face if i see that shit. It destroys lives, nothing else. There is no benefit, there is no good.

Im a regular pot smoker and I have tried everything in the book, including heroin, never shooting up. And nothing is worth your life, or worse, and yes trust me there is worse. I dont touch anything anymore without it being green and skunky. To hell with heroin or anyone using.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Quote by Swayver
Ive watch some close friends waste their lives to heroin. I seriously will punch anyone in the ****ing face if i see that shit. It destroys lives, nothing else. There is no benefit, there is no good.

Im a regular pot smoker and I have tried everything in the book, including heroin, never shooting up. And nothing is worth your life, or worse, and yes trust me there is worse. I dont touch anything anymore without it being green and skunky. To hell with heroin or anyone using.

Most effective post in this thread, I believe.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by FKK
I have never heard of anyone that just did heroin once in while, only people who got ****ed up addicts because of it. Heroin is possibly the worst drug out there, it ****s you up. Don't do it. Stick to pot if you have to do drugs.

i do it every once in a while. i'm fine.

Also, LSD is way more detrimental to mental health than pot to whoever said that. I would believe anyone who says LSD is completely fine to take has not taken it. I mean, it's not going to kill you, but it can cause mania and psychosis in some people. Some temporary, some permanent. And don't pull the whole "if you're strong minded, it won't happen to you." It can happen to anyone.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I am very capable of making up my own opinion thank you very much. Just because it seems to be the general opinion also, it doesn't mean I'm copying them.
Quote by meta1militia

Also, LSD is way more detrimental to mental health than pot to whoever said that. I would believe anyone who says LSD is completely fine to take has not taken it. I mean, it's not going to kill you, but it can cause mania and psychosis in some people. Some temporary, some permanent. And don't pull the whole "if you're strong minded, it won't happen to you." It can happen to anyone.

Wait, you use heroin, but talk down on LSD?
-Jim Morrison
Heroin hero is a pretty good game, chasing the dragon was never this fun!

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I enjoy drinking because I enjoy the taste of my chosen drinks, I enjoy pot because, again, it tastes good.
I don't like needles or snorting things so I tend to stay away from heavier drugs.
http://reason.com/archives/2003/06/01/h

Excuse me if the source is a little unreliable, but I suppose it's kind of relevant to the discussion. Just to be completely clear, I'm only posting this to play devil's advocate.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
It's not like you'll get addicted with the first shot. I don't think people understand that. if you start doing it on a regular basis, that's when you need to stop. For me and my friends it was easy, as any smart person can see overall it's not worth the money your putting in for it.
PSN: CaptainZurEnArrh
Quote by leg end
I am very capable of making up my own opinion thank you very much. Just because it seems to be the general opinion also, it doesn't mean I'm copying them.

Except the reason several drugs are illegal has nothing to do with their harm to the body. Marijuana is illegal due to the advancement of paper in place of hemp. Heroin was once thought to be an acceptable substitute for Morphine addiction. Cocaine was thought to have several benefits when it comes to eye surgery.

Psychedelic drugs are being used to explore the possibility of breaking alcoholism, with a high success rate.

What about cocaine and caffeine? Both are white powdered stimulants that come from the leaves (caffeine comes from beans too of course) that grow in plants in central america, but one is okay.

The law has nothing to do with good and bad drugs, seeing as the two most abused drugs in the world, nicotine and alcohol, are coincidentally the most addicting, and yet also legal.

Also coincidentally; taxed.

Back on track...

Slash, Neil Young (depressing songs written about this subject by him) and Keith Richards used heroin.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by meta1militia

Fact: LSD is the most powerful drug known to man, including pharmacuticals

And as for your heroin use, why? for what purpose? What your doing is the equivalent of jumping out an airplane with no parachute, your gonna hit the ground. Few live, if you do survive, your ****ed for life.

There is no such thing as recreational heroin use!
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Page 1 of 3