Hey pit, just need advice and some questions answered. Two years ago, when i was 15, i got a fake id (stupid stupid, i know) from a travel agency. They create some sort of STA card that's easy to lie about your age for. Anyways, now, the travel agency have gotten suspicous cause loads of people from my school have gotten ID's from the same place and they mailed a list of names to my school.

I've barely used the card, so what i'm asking is just referring to the possession of an ID. How badly can i get screwed over for owning a fake ID, either legally or from my school if i haven't actually used it in this country.

Tl;dr: TS was a dumbass that got a fake id two years ago, now the school found out. How much trouble is he in?
I don't think you'll get in shit for owning it, only if you're actually caught using it, and even then they just take it off you.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
None. The police don't bother to do anything. Your school has no juristiction to do anything. Considering it wasn't a drivers licence or a passport you can't use it as a valid form of ID everywhere either.
Quote by Hak0
The id as of itself is not fake, it's a youth discount card, but i lied about my age

That's quite illegal you know. Though tbph the travel agency is in the wrong for not asking for proof.
When I was in England I brought a fake sayin I was 23 when I was 17. I still look like 16-17, and no one cared. Basically, you shouldn't get in trouble unless you give it to a cop.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
They can't do anything for you just having a fake ID. You can claim it was a novelty item you never used, etc. If caught using it you might get in some trouble, but the most any police or bouncer would ever do is confiscate it i would have thought.
So if i shredded the card right now, they have no proof that I have ever used it to buy anything and claim that it was just a novelty item, can i get screwed over for just the purchase of it?
1) Destrory (completely annihalate beyond recognition) the card

2) "Someone else must have used my name as a cover"
Sue the travel agency. I'm pretty sure they cant go sending your information to anyone, check the Data Protection Act.
Now with New and Improved Signature
Quote by Hak0
So if i shredded the card right now, they have no proof that I have ever used it to buy anything and claim that it was just a novelty item, can i get screwed over for just the purchase of it?

But you still need it to get alcohol.

Just put it under your mattress until the scandal has calmed down and then keep it til you turn 18
I'm confused, why the hell did you go through the trouble to get a fake ID and then not use it? Peer pressure? If you weren't going to use it and you get scared at a little trouble then why get one in the first place?
I wouldn't worry about it man, it's technically fraud but then again so is paying for a train ticket from a stop after you got on. Also you're under 18 so the CPS will basically wank over any paperwork presented to them before putting it firmly in the bin, probably next to a rape case with good evidence, but the victim wasn't pretty enough.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
You're gonna get put away for a very, very long time.

No, you'll be fine TS. Your school can't do much. I'd probably throw away the ID to be safe though.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Keep the ID too man, your school can't get a warrant to search your house... yet.

Just dont carry it with you unless you need it (that's also a good tip for when you start taking drugs in later life)
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
All you need to do is say you got it for a fancy dress party.

That's how the websites selling these "novelty IDs" are still running.

Oh and as for using one... well most of the people who use them that I know get away fine every time.

I have a mate who's 15 and he's got a LORRY DRIVERS license that says he's 18. It works in Tesco and Sainsburys....
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Jun 8, 2010,
Just say that you got it for shits and giggles, and never actually used it.