Hello UG.

I want to get a new guitar in the near future and I cannot seem to decide between the ESP LTD EC-1000 or the Schecter Blackjack ATX Solo 6. The only difference I can see between them is that the Schecter has Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups and I've heard great things about these pickups in comparison to EMG 81/85. Since this specific Schecter is a limited edition, does anyone have the C-1 version to compare to the LTD? Thanks.
the blackjack has easier access to higher frets, longer neck, better pups (IMO), and a string through bridge. it's a little more expensive but worth the extra 50 bucks.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
There's not a great amount of difference between the two guitars. If the Schecter comes in that creamy yellow-white color, get it. I didn't know the ATX Solo was limited edition (I'm out of the loop right now). IMO, the pickup comparison is purely out of preference. I don't really prefer either Blackouts or EMGs. They're both decent pickups if you have the right setup to accommodate them.

If it was up to me, I'd choose the ATX. I own a Hellraiser at the moment, my brother has the LTD you're looking at. In my opinion, I think any high quality Schecter could beat out the LTD.

Like I said before, though, it's all just preference. If you can't play both, or can only play one, use your judgment.
Essentially the Blackouts have more headroom and flexibility than EMG's.

The Schecter will have better upper fret access because of the ultra-access set neck joint (set-thru) and the 25.5" scale and isn't *****d up with abalone.

The C-1 is lighter and has a slightly thinner tone.
Thanks guys I think I'll go with the Schecter.

I was wondering though, I also own a Schecter Damien with a Floyd rose. I know the ATX and Damien are completely different beasts but is there any conparison tone wise between Damien, the atx blackjack c-1, and atx blackjack solo 6? I'm wondering because it may be difficult to get the solo 6 version.
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$