Two weeks ago i bought this for £200 its a 2007 Fender MIM 62ri that some silly fellow had fitted passive EMG's in aswell as changing the pickguard and fitting a coil tap and 3way switch but left the fender electrics (250k pots and .033 caps) and it sounded f.ucking awful.

apparently he had had difficulty selling.....i cant imagine why :P

So anyways as an owner of two MIA Fender strats and being a strat person
and not having any guitars with humbuckers i thought this was a pretty good idea.

Having opened the guitar up i found one of the most awful soldering jobs i have ever seen i was honestly surprised the thing worked discarding the electrics except for the three way i replaced the parts with 500k cts pots and .022 caps as well as two new switches for coil taps on each pickups.

the pickups i decided on was a pair of Seymour Duncan 59's mostly because i wanted some PAFish sounding pickups and a local bloke was up for a swap for the EMG's only minor little thing is the bridge wasnt trem spaced so the high E does not line up properly......also i needed to route some wood out for the mounting brackets on the pickups.

after a little work i came up with this beauty not bad for 220 quid altogether :P

(sorry for the crummy pics might upload some better ones tommorow)

and here she is with my other babies

REVIEW:
Firstly i decided to be fair and try the guitar with the emg's it played very nicely but the intonation was out and a little fret work was needed but regardless it had a nice feel to it.
But it sounded awfully dull and sterile dont know if this is down to the high gain pickups the unsuitable electrics or the awful wiring job i figured id have to change it all before i played it and i was right but for 200 quid the shell of the guitar was worth it

Once id replaced everything and set it up properly it was a huge improvment played awesomely. the two pickups sounded great clean and distorted and coiltapped they had an amazingly convincing strat sound and in full bucking i got a nice creamy sound reminiscent of an sg i used to own

overall 220 quid EPIC WIN
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
i want that red strat plus. now please...

on the 62ri, nice quick fix.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
i want that red strat plus. now please...

on the 62ri, nice quick fix.

minneeeeeeeeee il never give it up
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.