Mainly inspired by artists such as Textures, Mercenary, Meshuggah

Although it may not sound alot like them

Enjoy!

Attachments:
Melodic Metal1.zip
Last edited by AOI joe at Jun 9, 2010,
i find that Palm muting sounds terrible on guitar pro, tend not to use it!
i'm drowning in breakdowns...for god's sake, cut back on that...or at least don't treat the rhythm guitar and kick drum like unison instruments

also i feel like bars 28-32 were kind of wasted because of the drums..that riff is super thrashy and you could've really upped the energy with a different beat...see attachment (i cut off the end to make it small enough to upload)

also...guitar solo plz? lots of strong riffs, but they're all in the lower register. some wailing leads would really diversify the sound
Attachments:
Melodic Metal1.gp5
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Last edited by wannabe_punk at Jun 14, 2010,
really? i mean really?
this isnt slayer dude.
This song is about the mood it creates, with vocals this song really shines...
Good work man, but I really was waiting for a mind blowing jazzy solo at bar 81.
You know, I could definitely see Textures in this.
Let me know if you record this, right?
I really dig this kind of stuff.
My name is Jagayama. I spin for a living.
This is top of my agenda for recording mate, Ill post a link on this forum when its done
Very catchy. I liked this piece, but I also feel that wannabe_punk's criticisms are quite valid. Some sort of solo would be pretty cool in this piece. It doesn't have to be some sort of over-the-top chaotic Slayer-fest like you seem to think he implied. The criticism about the drumming is quite spot-on too. The drums are workable, but not all that exciting. Drums really make or break a piece, and they're dangerously close to breaking this one unfortunately.

The guitar parts are very catchy and melodic though. I really liked this piece and would like to here it recorded after some slight updating.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I really liked it, especially the clean guitar parts, and it seems it would be really great with some vocals and actual guitars. So I'd like to hear a recorded version, as well. And, as most people are saying, a guitar solo somewhere.