Hey guys. Well i was looking into buying the Digitech RP500, and I had a question about it... or rather about all pedals. Can't you just buy a Digitech RP series multi effects board or pedal instead of buying like 25 different pedals+all those cables? I've always wondered that. Will buying one of those Digitech's save me from doing that?

Thanks
The quality wouldn't be a high as individual stompboxes.

Multi-FX are nice if you just need some digital effects, like Delay, Phaser, Flanger.. Whatever you need. Don't use a multi-effects pedal to get your distortion (In most cases with the RP's, distortions aren't so good..) or to shape the sound of your amp.

The multi-effect unit won't really help with that.

Also, what amp do you plan to run this through?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
The quality wouldn't be a high as individual stompboxes.

Multi-FX are nice if you just need some digital effects, like Delay, Phaser, Flanger.. Whatever you need. Don't use a multi-effects pedal to get your distortion (In most cases with the RP's, distortions aren't so good..) or to shape the sound of your amp.

The multi-effect unit won't really help with that.

Also, what amp do you plan to run this through?

Well right now I own a Vypyr 30, (soon to become a tube amp of some sort, Vypyr's have enough effects). And i know most tubes dont necessarily have effects...