Im getting a microphone soon and I want to get into singing and playing so my friend (a drummer) and I can hopefully get a band started. So, I need suggestions on songs to start with. Some bands id like to try are Bullet for My Valentine, Machine Head, Trivium, Breaking Benjamin, Foo Fighters, Nickelback, and Metallica. Also, id like to limit the screaming to a minimum since im not good at it yet. So, any suggestions? And sorry if this is the wrong spot for this.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Last edited by --{matt}-- at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by ColbyHink
Learn the to play the desired song so well that you can have a light conversation with a friend while playing it. Then start learning the vocals not by note, and syncing it with your guitar playing bit by bit. Patients is key.
GOOD LUCK

Thanks, as soon as I typed my OP I thought that it might be a good idea to do the conversation thing haha.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Level per Level
Start with "Knocking on Heaven's door" (Bob Dylan) then try "Nothing else matter" (Metallica) and "The pretender" (foo fighters) who is harder to synchronize. As ColbyHink said, you must own the guitar part before...
You can add some pulsation kind of flag for an easier synchronization. By flag i mean : voice and guitar rhythmics can have some point of coordination... try try try, and that will be easy !
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
If you're completely new to the whole playing and singing world, start off with a few punk songs, just to get the hang of it. Then move up to the desired genre.
Ich Tu Dir Weh and Pussy- Rammstein are really easy to play and sing.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
It's that I have to take a lot of important tests this month, otherwise I would have tried playing and singing Queens of the Stone Age's This Lullaby.
Though I'm not sure if that's a good song to start with...I've tried Hard Sun by Eddie Vedder, it's like 1 chord with a hammer-on....and I still totally screw that up....
This is the part where you are supposed to be amazed by the awesomeness of my sig.