Page 1 of 2
Or if you haven't, what are your plans for doing so?

I'm currently trying to find an apartment with at least 1 friend of mine(who is experienced with finding places and living in apartments...I'm not). Another friend might be in as well. I've been going to community college, so it looks like I'll have to skip a semester and go back in the spring to afford this. I'm a little nervous obviously, but I think we've thought of everything we really need to. I feel it's time I live (almost) on my own.

So any stories, tips, advice, etc?
I was 18. My little sister is now 20 and still living at home, she gets everything given to her and I get treated like the family scapegoat every time I go to visit. They certainly don't make it easy on me =/
18. Move is much to gentle a term.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm 20 and still at home. Curse the cost of living here!
Check out my band Disturbed
18-19.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My pay goes up to what I see as enough to buy somewhere on my own (not a fan of the idea of housemates or lodgers) in August so I'll be 25. Went to uni for a bit when I was 18 but I don't think uni counts.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Moved out a month after I turned 18. I live with three other guys in a house that my aunt rents out to us.

Actually it's not even really a house. Its like two shacks and an outhouse nailed together.
Sail upon the open skies
moving out in November so I'll be 20.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
18. Living in a hostel atm, on a part-time job (minimum wage) whilst i take my A-levels. And "move" doesn't quite suit the circumstances that i left under
moved when i was 18 its a blast dude, you will love it, trust me. You'll miss home at times but the fun you're gonna have will far outweigh the bad times. I would recommend picking your roommates carefully though. That's the main thing to worry about, and it's not just about common interests or hobbies, but more about ethics and lifestyle. Things like house smoking and drinking rules, also who/how many people you or your roommates will have visiting the house and cleaning duties etc. are the main issues from my experience. But seriously living away from your parents for the first time is awesome.
Quote by ZigZagz1&1/4
moved when i was 18 its a blast dude, you will love it, trust me. You'll miss home at times but the fun you're gonna have will far outweigh the bad times. I would recommend picking your roommates carefully though. That's the main thing to worry about, and it's not just about common interests or hobbies, but more about ethics and lifestyle. Things like house smoking and drinking rules, also who/how many people you or your roommates will have visiting the house and cleaning duties etc. are the main issues from my experience. But seriously living away from your parents for the first time is awesome.

You really do live in Boring Oh. don't you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Apparently training to become a consultant takes 11 years, so i'll be 29 before I move properly. So, I'll live at uni but during the holidays temporarily live at my parents house.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by ZigZagz1&1/4

Is this you?

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I will be moving out in August! Whoo!
I'll be nearly 21 then, and I'll have three room mates.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I really don't know what my plans are in terms of moving out. I haven't gotten what you'd call a steady income because I'm working the family business, which basically means my dad is and will be screwing me over. I've been wanting to move out for a year and a half now, but it's just not feasible.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I'll probably move out when I go to college. Although I'll get an apartment, dorms are like a drunk tank with a TV.
30. Moved out? Out of where?

Where is there to move out of?

Mom! They are talking about moving out! Where will they go? Isn't it cold outside?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

18, but I've moved back in. Hoping to move back out this year permanently this time.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by yellowshirtguy
18, but I've moved back in. Hoping to move back out this year permanently this time.

You must have awesome parents. Mine have a "No move backs" policy, which means when you move out you better be ready to support yourself or you're ****ed.
Quote by i_killed_bill
You must have awesome parents. Mine have a "No move backs" policy, which means when you move out you better be ready to support yourself or you're ****ed.

YES MY PARENTS ARE AWESOME.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Jun 8, 2010,
I moved into dorms at 17, then dropped out of school after a semester and moved into an apartment. Good times had by all.
moved out to uni when i was 19.
now i'm done with that and back at home and unemployed.
sucks. stupid economy
Last edited by heminder at Jun 8, 2010,
I'm 19 and still at home technically, but the vast majority of my time is spent in Dublin in a house I share with ten people. I only come home when my parents demand that I do

I plan to go to Asia when I finish Uni, so I guess I'll move out then.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Kensai
Is this you?

(Invalid img)

I love that show.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
ummm i tried getting roommates when i had two jobs and money...i had enough money to live by myself but i wanted to share with friends....they flaked out, so now i'm going to get my own one room shit hole.

btw i don't have a job or any cash at all now :P

sux but i'll plan to move out when i'm 21 which is some after this summer
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
I moved out when I was 18.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I haven't yet. I'm 22 and just graduated from university. I'd like to move out within the year, but it really depends on what kind of job I can find.
I moved out last year when I was 16. Handled all the paperwork at school and it was the best decision I ever made. Got a flat, got a job, I handle my school well with straight A's and I can keep my life in line very well.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
Quote by FunkyFire
Or if you haven't, what are your plans for doing so?

I'm currently trying to find an apartment with at least 1 friend of mine(who is experienced with finding places and living in apartments...I'm not). Another friend might be in as well. I've been going to community college, so it looks like I'll have to skip a semester and go back in the spring to afford this. I'm a little nervous obviously, but I think we've thought of everything we really need to. I feel it's time I live (almost) on my own.

So any stories, tips, advice, etc?

lol you didn't even say how old you were : )
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I moved out of my mom's house/escaped after 3 weeks without telling her at 16. I'm currently 16 and living with my dad, and will most likely move out and start college at 18.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Page 1 of 2