Im based in the UK and would like to spend between £350 - £450~480 on a nice shiny new amp (combo preferably) for the heavier styles I enjoy, so something that'll handle metal/hardcore with ease. Please no "if you spend £100 more....", I can't stretch to anything over £500 absolute MAX as most of my money is tied up elsewhere.

Cleans are not important as I have a couple of other amps I use for sparkling glassy tones.

No preference on tube/hybrid/solid state, I prefer to judge on on the ends, not the means when it comes to sound reproduction so the floor is open

I have been hearing good things about the 6505 112 Plus combo, also people around here seem to be jizzing themselves over anything with Bugera slapped on the front, so whats the deal with the 333, 333XL and 6262, any good? Whats the difference between each?

Welcoming any other suggestions for teh br00talz amps
if you dont care for cleans, then just keep it simple and go with the 6505 or 6262. the 333 is more of an all around rocker that can do metal. peavey 6505 is known for being all out metal amp, and doing it really well. the 6262 is a clone, but in my honest opinion, a better amp overall. to me, there's more usable gain, better sounds and tones, and it just has more something in the sound. the cleans arent half bad either!
I'm one who prefers the 6262.

Balls to the walls gain and tone. Cleans are pretty good too (although I'm not a cleans
kinda dude).

333XL is great aswell, more versitile I would say in the toanzzz you can get, 6262 is more for striaght up death. The 333XL does heavy metal broots Bree Bree good aswell.

6505, don't need to say much. It does the broots, not an amp for great cleans. They are popular for a reason! A great amp.

Play them all and take your pick
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
so all these amps are pretty equal and have their ups and downs, id say if you can go play them and see for yourself, and theres youtube too so
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
dont ever judge an amp by what you see on youtube. you're getting an already compressed signal, usually of poor quality coming through the website, which then compresses it again, and on top of that, most people do not have good audio cards and even worse speakers, so the sound suffers even more. seriously, do not use youtube as an amp judge. ever!

anyway, rant over. let us know what you decide after you try and maybe buy! please keep us informed
Oh I shall, thanks for the input so far guys, so it seems the 6262 or the 6505 Plus 112 are the better choices for balls to the wall metal mayhem.

Im edging towards the 6262 combo, purely because it has two speakers over the Plus 112s one...

But, is there anything else I could be looking at in this price range? Even something that'd need a little boost to hit metal would be OK, I have a modded TS808 around somewhere.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I'm one who prefers the 6262.

Balls to the walls gain and tone. Cleans are pretty good too (although I'm not a cleans
kinda dude
).

333XL is great aswell, more versitile I would say in the toanzzz you can get, 6262 is more for striaght up death. The 333XL does heavy metal broots Bree Bree good aswell.

6505, don't need to say much. It does the broots, not an amp for great cleans. They are popular for a reason! A great amp.

Play them all and take your pick

never would have picked that by reading your sig....
mojostompboxes.com
How do the Bugeras sound at levels that won't have my girlfriend constantly threatening to leave me? 120w sounds a bit much considering I only occasionally play with other musicians.

Im leaning more towards the single 12" 6505 combo at 60w....
Quote by josh_salty
if you can find a used peavey ultra thatd be good or a used triple X

+1
The Peavey Ultra does look and sound like a fantastic amp, unfortunately they are like gold dust in the UK and I can't seem to find one used anywhere.

As for the XXX, I thought that was quite a bright amp not overly suited to hardcore/metal.

Unless I spy a good deal on something used in the next few days I think im gonna plump for the 6262 212 combo from Bugera
Quote by Wesbanez
The Peavey Ultra does look and sound like a fantastic amp, unfortunately they are like gold dust in the UK and I can't seem to find one used anywhere.

As for the XXX, I thought that was quite a bright amp not overly suited to hardcore/metal.

You thought the Ultra sounded good...but the XXX didn't?
Ive never played through an Ultra, my opinion is formulated merely from here-say on das Internet. I have however tried an XXX head in a store. Maybe it was the cab, the settings (which I didn't fiddle with much tbh) but it just sounded a little bright for my liking.
Quote by Wesbanez
Ive never played through an Ultra, my opinion is formulated merely from here-say on das Internet. I have however tried an XXX head in a store. Maybe it was the cab, the settings (which I didn't fiddle with much tbh) but it just sounded a little bright for my liking.

Yeah...you should always play an amp before deciding. But essentially...the Ultra and XXX are the same amp. Ultra/XXX/3120 are all pretty much the same amp internally.
Quote by Wesbanez
How do the Bugeras sound at levels that won't have my girlfriend constantly threatening to leave me? 120w sounds a bit much considering I only occasionally play with other musicians.

Im leaning more towards the single 12" 6505 combo at 60w....

It sounds good. It sounds better at higher volume (as every high gain tube amp
would), but still very good at bedroom levels.

60 watts is still very loud, and not a whole lot less loud than a 120 watt. Either are a good choice. I prefer my booger.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Bugera 6262.

I've owned Peavey 5150s in the past and I prefer the 6262 over them.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Bugera 6262.

I've owned Peavey 5150s in the past and I prefer the 6262 over them.

That just adds to my confidence that i'll enjoy the 6262, thanks!
nice choice man!
i've gigged with the 6262, 5150 and 6505, as well as tonnes of other amps, but for all out hard rock and metal, the 6262 is very hard to beat. much easier to dial in than rectos (not bashing rectos btw, they're some of my fav amps) and it definately beats out the 5150 and 6505 by a long shot. much more usable gain, better tones, and the cleans are night and day between them. just sounds better overall too.