What effects pedal best resembles the sound of Stevie Ray Vaughans overdrive? I have an American Fender Strat and a Mesa Boogie Triple Rect. Amp...what pedal would you suggest.

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
PRS Mark Tremonti SE (the one before they got sued!)
Morley Wah
Taylor Acoustic/Electric 314ce
uhh there might be a better place to post this thread but I would probably suggest an Ibanez Tube Screamer
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
If I were you, I'd get a Marshall MG. You get that CRUSHING OVERDRIVE that everyone's talking about.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Tube screamer, but also it's partly due to SRV using thicker strings and having a high action. You could do this too, but it makes playing a lot more difficult.
Good luck getting that tone with a triple rectifier, lol
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."