http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk

Link to HD trailer.

I searched Mortal Kombat and found nothing so my apologies if a thread exists but does anyone have any idea exactly what this is? I found it on IGN and they don't seem to know either. Speculations are that it could be a marketing promo for a new game or perhaps even a movie.

thoughts?
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Stupid.

"there's this tournament that we're not sure if it exists and we want you to go in and win. Sub zero will definitely be at this tournament that we don't know if it exists."
Saw this earlier. Looks badass.

No idea what it's for though.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I have my doubts about the validity of this trailer.. :/ either way if and when the reboot finally comes out i will still see it.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
It's a movie, I heard rumours of it a year ago.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
It's different...

Making things "realistic" worked for Batman, but not for Mortal Kombat...it's just too weird. Baraka isn't a surgeon, he's a freakin' demon tribe leader dude! From another realm! And works for Shao Kahn! You just can't butcher things like that (no pun intended), doesn't work that way

EDIT: But I do like that how, unlike other video-game movies, these people actually seem to be fans of the games. There's no way your telling me that the makers of Super Mario Bros, original Mortal Kombats, and Resident Evil even played the games at all
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Jun 8, 2010,
I'd like to see how the explain Sub-Zero.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
This doesn't look very good at all.

But I still got all giddy watching it, I ****ing love Mortal Kombat.
Wow, that looks awful. No mention of the Outworld? Reptile and Baraka are humans? Sub Zero is just some regular guy who won't be shooting ice? What a joke. Typical Hollywood...taking themselves SO seriously, even though Mortal Kombat was never serious and had all the magic/other dimensional elements. Everyone here knows fully well that if they followed the outworld invasion plot of Mortal Kombat 3, where Shao Kahn was stealing souls and shit, it'd be fucking amazing.

"Realistic" and "dark" reboots of overdone franchises are so goddamn boring. Hollywood is so uncreative, it's not even funny.

/nerd rage
I've been a Mortal Kombat fan a loooooong time, since Trilogy for N64. I know all the character's canon and everything. I'm totally psyched about that trailer. Who cares if they don't stick to the original story. Honestly the MK universe is pretty goofy, but that's how they made it to be. I think if they're going to try to make a movie that actually doesn't suck, this is the best way to do it. I'm REALLY stoked on this, thanks for posting.
We're only strays.
Realistic....Liu Kang shoots fireballs, Sub-Zero can freeze things. It won't work for MK. That and the movie looks like they are just going to make everything a fight scene, which nothing is wrong with it, but that's as close as they'll get to being MK.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Baraka is not a damn surgeon, Jax has huge fucking metal arms, Scorpion is a damn skeleton, Sub-Zero is a chinese assassin, and Reptile isn't a mutated baby! This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I've been waiting for a new MK movie; this better be fake.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Quote by AzureNight

/nerd rage

Dude, you can't even tell me that you think the "real" MK storyline is actually good. It's horrible!

This looks way more entertaining than any of the spacey nonsense that MK involves. It fits the video games, but for a movie adaptation, this looks miles better.
Quote by archangels666

Dude, you can't even tell me that you think the "real" MK storyline is actually good. It's horrible!

This looks way more entertaining than any of the spacey nonsense that MK involves. It fits the video games, but for a movie adaptation, this looks miles better.

For real. The games' story lines are nothing but filler to make the games more entertaining. Which they accomplished. But if you're going to actually make a non-B movie of Mortal Kombat, you have to ditch that stuff. It was all a joke, and I loved it and it made MK a very fun and charming game series - it didn't take itself too seriously. So why get all pissed off about it? This looks like a really nice change up that still pays homage to the games. I had a smile on my face the entire trailer that just kept getting bigger.
We're only strays.
Quote by archangels666

Last time I checked, mutants and psychotic wizards invading earth from another dimension to steal the souls of mankind, and then battling martial artists, ninjas, magicians, evil criminal leaders and thunder gods is beyond fucking awesome.
Last edited by AzureNight at Jun 9, 2010,
as a huge fan of both the old Mortal Kombat games, and movies....

(I did not like MK vs. DCU, and I do realize the MK movies were not necessarily GOOD films, I enjoy them both a lot.)

...I can say with great happiness that this "trailer" made me shit my pants full of awesome. I could easily see that just being a fake video made for fun, cause the acting was pretty bad throughout. The realistic turn of the story sounds great to me, however.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
I honestly wonder how people can be appeased by these lame ass, limp dicked "realistic" reboots of franchises.
Guys look at the part with reptile, that said he was a mutated baby, look at the footage there, thats actually a vid from youtube

Quote by Bizarro
Sorry, but its true.
Reptile= harlequin baby who lives to 30, tearing off and eating human heads?

br00tal.

Reminds me of twisted metal black actually
Quote by FrehleyCarr
Guys look at the part with reptile, that said he was a mutated baby, look at the footage there, thats actually a vid from youtube

Yes we know, we are just saying what would happen if they tried a realistic reboot type thing....although the harlequin babies still scare me.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Holy shit, is that Seven Of Nine?!

But yeah, that was so cheesy. Martial arts films are just stupid to me....why can't they just use guns?
This actually looks really badass. I look forward to it's release.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I've been a Mortal Kombat fan a loooooong time, since Trilogy for N64. I know all the character's canon and everything. I'm totally psyched about that trailer. Who cares if they don't stick to the original story. Honestly the MK universe is pretty goofy, but that's how they made it to be. I think if they're going to try to make a movie that actually doesn't suck, this is the best way to do it. I'm REALLY stoked on this, thanks for posting.

I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since MK1, so thats beats you. XD

on the movie...well seems "interesting" I would see it just to see how it turns out to be. At least it is more gory than the previews. I mean if you make an MK movie you need to put some blood and head ripping on it.
Quote by AzureNight
Last time I checked, mutants and psychotic wizards invading earth from another dimension to steal the souls of mankind, and then battling martial artists, ninjas, magicians, evil criminal leaders and thunder gods is beyond fucking awesome.

And the main inspiration for Metal.
Noo realistic MK is just wrong! What next, Star Wars remake in an Amish village? Wooden lightsabers anyone?
*update*

http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14866

So, there it is. The short was actually a pitch for the Warner Bros. executives. The piece was directed by Kevin Tancharoen in an attempt to prove his vision to the higher ups within the production company. He managed to snag some strong talent for the trailer itself, which obviously lead to the rumor build-up across the net.

yes the same Kevin Tancharoen who directed "Fame", "The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll", and "Britney Spears Live from Miami"
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Johnny Cage just can't catch a break :/
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
Quote by AzureNight
I honestly wonder how people can be appeased by these lame ass, limp dicked "realistic" reboots of franchises.

I find them interesting, if people enjoy them, let them. Quit being a critic to everything and enjoy entertainment man. It's not as if Mortal Kombat is a cornerstone to our culture and they're ruining it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!