Bollywood movies can be pretty ridiculous but some of the music can be great IMO. What do you think?

here are some examples if you're not familiar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmQvwiXAIv8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebeaw_ccUc0

word of advice if you go searching for them - don't bother watching the videos, unless you want to see awkward dancing/necking in meadows and mountains and beaches
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

There are some very attractive ladies in those videos.

As for the music, eh. It's not bad, but it isn't something I'd normally listen to.
after being exposed to a lot of mainstream indian and bollywood music in my life, i've come to really dislike the genre.
i find it very repetitive.
Annoying. So goddamn annoying.

Then again, I grew up with this kind of music around me.

EDIT: Granted, there are a few songs I found really ****ing awesome when I was a kid. Chaya Chaya was one of them.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

lol that is, with no exaggeration, my favorite music video of all time. So poorly produced and all kinds of hilarious. My friend and I do the moves for it when we pretend to act sexy
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by heminder
after being exposed to a lot of mainstream indian and bollywood music in my life, i've come to really dislike the genre.
i find it very repetitive.

See, I stay away from most of it (and the movies) unlike a lot of my other Bengali friends, and I agree that MANY are annoying, but some are great.

I dislike most of the movies, but there's an occasional good one, and it's the same case for the songs
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I wouldn't say I like it, but it's definitely not bad. I wouldn't complain if it replaced mainstream radio.
I occasionally hear something I like but for the most part not my cup of tea.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by vintage x metal
See, I stay away from most of it (and the movies) unlike a lot of my other Bengali friends, and I agree that MANY are annoying, but some are great.

I dislike most of the movies, but there's an occasional good one, and it's the same case for the songs

Did you listen to any of the videos I posted?
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm Indian and I've grown up with this music so it's not so interesting to me. Most of the popular songs are annoying as hell, but the Indian Classical music is amazing.

edit: This isn't Hindi music, but it's Indian classical stuff and I find it really amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzN2gUGYUGc
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Jun 8, 2010,
maybe a couple of old ones were good, 99.9% of it is shit/copied off of another song. One of them was Child in Time by Deep Purple lol.

A.R. Rahman is a fantastic composer though, and ironically, most of his stuff is much better than what's in Slumdog Millionaire, despite winning an award for that.
Quote by Dreadnought
Did you listen to any of the videos I posted?

I did, and I LOVE the second one. Jai Ho of course is nice But the second reminded me a lot of the more classical music my parents listen to
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by mcjosh
I'm Indian and I've grown up with this music so it's not so interesting to me. Most of the popular songs are annoying as hell, but the Indian Classical music is amazing.

edit: This isn't Hindi music, but it's Indian classical stuff and I find it really amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzN2gUGYUGc

Ravi Shankar is incredible. His daughter is damn good as well on the sitar (and Norah Jones aint too bad either, but she's not quite as technically skilled)
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Not sure if I'm thinking of Hindi music or not, cause those examples seem more indian, and the ones I'm thinking of are more middle eastern. But I've served at a few Muslim, Indian, etc weddings and some of the music they had (more traditional stuff) involved VERY loud percussion, and eastern scales. And I thought it was really cool because the melodies were so different from western music.

This is the more mellow "reverent" stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvlimEYEpQ&feature=related (and obviously isn't hindi)

Anyways, pardon my ignorance
No, i don't like much of it, sorry, i will be willing to change my mind if i hear something i like, but so far it hasn't been the case.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by technicolour
Not sure if I'm thinking of Hindi music or not, cause those examples seem more indian, and the ones I'm thinking of are more middle eastern. But I've served at a few Muslim, Indian, etc weddings and some of the music they had (more traditional stuff) involved VERY loud percussion, and eastern scales. And I thought it was really cool because the melodies were so different from western music.

This is the more mellow "reverent" stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvlimEYEpQ&feature=related (and obviously isn't hindi)

I think that is Urdu or Arabic. Not sure.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

This reminds me of family gatherings at my friend's house.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by technicolour

This is actually called 'Ajaan' or "Azan' or however you want to spell it... as the title implies, someone sings it before namaaz (prayer) begins. You can hear it every morning and evening in Bangladesh and I assume it's the same in most Muslim countries.

A lot of Muslim prayers are sung out loud (you call them suraas... at least I assume that's how you would spell it haha) when you do a group prayer; they're quite pretty and soothing. I'm surprised the Ajaan is on youtube though; I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be played outside of prayer
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
This is actually called 'Ajaan' or "Azan' or however you want to spell it... as the title implies, someone sings it before namaaz (prayer) begins. You can hear it every morning and evening in Bangladesh and I assume it's the same in most Muslim countries.

A lot of Muslim prayers are sung out loud (you call them suraas... at least I assume that's how you would spell it haha) when you do a group prayer; they're quite pretty and soothing. I'm surprised the Ajaan is on youtube though; I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be played outside of prayer

OOOORRRR they're creepy as hell when you're walking through a rural town in the Middle East pre-dawn and all of a sudden booming prayers start from all 4 directions.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
OOOORRRR they're creepy as hell when you're walking through a rural town in the Middle East pre-dawn and all of a sudden booming prayers start from all 4 directions.

yes that too not too much fun to wake up to either, I'm sure you haven't had the most fun experiences
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

amitabh is the badass of all badasses
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I do not, I also despise those movies. Why? Because they are very long and usually have an odd set of dancing.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Being an Indian, i gotta love it. (Bollywood) Sure its kinda similar in some respects but i think it holds its own and is all about fun. Very different from the traditional styles such as religious music of the Muslims and the Hindus. Even going to church (yes some Indians are Christians) I feel that there is yet another genre of Indian music as well. I think Indian music stylings/scales would be great with metal though!
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.