Well Im thinking of getting a Stereo guitar and i want to know what amps would sound good clean and dirty, the Twin Reverb or the 210 or 410 Deville I dont know which one would be better to double up for bigger gigs. Or maybe i should have 1 twin and one deville not to sure Any opinions?

Thanks for checkin out my thread
The Twin, always the Twin. The Deville is ok but .......... The Twin, always the Twin.
And the older the better, try to score two blackfaces and you'll be set for life. If you're clever you can probably make a profit on it if you ever decide to sell one or two of them. Buy a new HRD and it loses a third of it's value as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
with the twin you can have decent cleans and use an overdrive for some dirt, with the deville you can have some nice cleans but not as sparkly as the twin...the deville IMO has some nasty sounding crunch, but getting two devilles is cheaper than getting two twins lol. my next amp is gonna either be a Peavey Classic 50 or a twin...had a twin...needed emergency dental care...well the twin had to go
Quote by GibsonnFender
Whats the difference between a blackface twin and a regular twin?

In the 1970's CBS bought fender and changed the circuitry of some of the amps. Resulting in the Blackfaces and the Silverfaces. The Blackfaces are nicer sounding and closer to the original Fender circuit while the Silverfaces are the changed circuit. So, in the end: Twin>DeVille.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by guitarzephyr
In the 1970's CBS bought fender and changed the circuitry of some of the amps. Resulting in the Blackfaces and the Silverfaces. The Blackfaces are nicer sounding and closer to the original Fender circuit while the Silverfaces are the changed circuit. So, in the end: Twin>DeVille.

Wrong. CBS bought Fender in January of 1965. The Blackfaces are no longer made and there is no "original Fender circuit" unless you count the original Deluxe as the original circuit. And nothing they make sounds like that. That was the Tweed era, then came the Brown and Blonde Faces then came the Blackfaces and in 1968 came the Silverfaces. So Blackfaces were made post the CBS buyout and did not result from it. The Silverfaces were introduced to provide more clean headroom, some like it some don't. I really don't even know how you could be more wrong.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Wrong. CBS bought Fender in January of 1965. The Blackfaces are no longer made and there is no "original Fender circuit" unless you count the original Deluxe as the original circuit. And nothing they make sounds like that. That was the Tweed era, then came the Brown and Blonde Faces then came the Blackfaces and in 1968 came the Silverfaces. So Blackfaces were made post the CBS buyout and did not result from it. The Silverfaces were introduced to provide more clean headroom, some like it some don't. I really don't even know how you could be more wrong.

you buy me a bottle of whiskey and I'll tell you the true story of fender.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
My history was fairly accurate. I just didn't phrase it very well. And I can't even legally sell whiskey, how am I supposed to buy some?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
to add to mmolteratx, blackface production continued through 67, and some early silverface amps in 68 still had original blackface circuits (we have the AB763 circuit in a silverface bandmaster head). also, for many years after switch silverfaces were mislabeled mislabeled with blackface circuit numbers (example: the silverface bandmaster still touted labels for a AB763 long after it converted to the classic silverface ac568 bandmaster circuit).

and the deluxe dates back even further than tweed times, here's a model 26/woodie deluxe

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by GibsonnFender
Whats the difference between a blackface twin and a regular twin?

a blackface twin references a particular era of twin. when fender changed circuits they usually also changed cosmetics as well. certain eras of fender circuits are preferred over others. the tweed and blackface years are considered the eras where the made the best circuits and the used incredible components as well.

there is no 'regular twin' each one is from an era

# Wide Panel
# Narrow Panel
# Narrow Panel "Big Box"
# Blonde
# Reverb Blackface
# Reverb Silverface
# Twin Reverb II
# Red Knob "The Twin"
# Reverb ('65 Reissue)
# Twin Amp "The Evil Twin"

all twins are usually powered by (4) 6L6GC power tubes and have (2) 12" speakers.

modern '65 reissue blackface reissue twins are a far cry from the original. printed circuit boards, weak transformers and cheap chinese speakers and tubes. the new reissue is not really a bad amp, just not really worth the price they ask for it new, and it is nothing near the original in quality (it is not even the same circuit).

-ae
are the two narrow panel twins, the 5F8/5F8-A and 5E8/5E8-A?

people refer them a lot as high power and low power twins, 5E8/5E8-A providing 22w with a pair of 6L6GCs and 5F8/5F8-A providing about 40w with a pair of 5881 and later 6L6GCs? and they are covered with tweed.

i think those two are the most issued as kits by amplifier builders/companies. along with the blackface, twin-reverb.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by GibsonnFender
Well Im thinking of getting a Stereo guitar and i want to know what amps would sound good clean and dirty, the Twin Reverb or the 210 or 410 Deville I dont know which one would be better to double up for bigger gigs. Or maybe i should have 1 twin and one deville not to sure Any opinions?

Thanks for checkin out my thread

The Deville has terrible drive and good cleans.
The Twin has great cleans and a nice broken up tone but you need to get it hell aloud to get it to break up.

Get a twin for cleans and something else for dirt IMO.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by denied
The bludotone bludodrive has some of the most pristine cleans I have ever used. This is the amp you want.

The deville is ok, but nothing to write home about. Get the twin.

sorry couldn't resist.
Are mesa boogie 5:50 express amps good for dirt? Ive already decided on the twin now i need a dirt amp
soldano avenger + fender twin reverb = kick ass stereo rig until you get tired of it a week later.
Quote by AcousticMirror
soldano avenger + fender twin reverb = kick ass stereo rig until you get tired of it a week later.

an orange OR50H(dry), a THD bivalve(left) and a music man 115-65(right), that is a stereo kick ass stereo setup. gotta run a mutron bi-phase to make the stereo setup fun.

Quote by ECistheBest
are the two narrow panel twins, the 5F8/5F8-A and 5E8/5E8-A?

wide panel - 5C8 , 5D8 were the circuits from 1953-'55

narrow panel - 5E8, 5E8-A were the circuits from 1955-'57

from what i remember the higher power narrow panel twin also had a long tail phase inverter as well.

-ae