I have no real budget, but prefer to spend low. If its over 150, it better shine like a piece of gold!! lol

Im looking for something with a great fat sound, and works well with distortion. I probably wont use it with cleans to much. I love Adam Jones and Dean Deleo's wah work. Something similar to them wouldnt be to bad.

Ill be playing an Epi les paul into a JCM 2000 DSL100. Ill be going to Guitar Center friday, and Ill be using the trade in trade up deal they have going on. which will be helpful on the more expensive wahs.

I went through and played a few a couple weeks ago, and hated them all. I realized that it was the Egnater Tweaker i was playing through, not the wahs, and now they have a DSL set up there, so Ill be using it through there.

Any help is appreciated!
Wylde Wah is shit. It's the same thing as the normal GCB-95 but more expensive cause it's got Zakk's name on it.

TS, Teese is da bomb, Fulltone is a good second place. The newer Teese's with the buffer that works better with fuzz and distortion go for around $160 used. There's a rare early model in GC's used section for $70 that you could easily profit on.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I had a GCB-95 and it cut out completely. Really sucked. Because I liked the sounds. I might go with a new pot to fix it, but Id rather have something more reliable.

EDIT: Has anybody tried the new Jerry Cantrell wah? I do enjoy his was sounds!
Last edited by nickdohle at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by nickdohle
I had a GCB-95 and it cut out completely. Really sucked. Because I liked the sounds. I might go with a new pot to fix it, but Id rather have something more reliable.

It's a bit like a 2-stroke motorcycle. You may have to work on them more often but it's easy to do. I love a good 2 stroke but it does get annoying having to put rings and pistons in them all the time.
I'm sure yours can be fixed, hell, even totally rebuilding them from scratch isn't a big deal. However if you are just sick of buying pots maybe think about a Morley, they use a LED and an opto-resistor instead of a pot. It's rare that they ever blow and even if they did it's easy to replace them. They do have a different sound and action, either you like them or you don't. But built like a brick shithouse, that's what I like about them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's a bit like a 2-stroke motorcycle. You may have to work on them more often but it's easy to do. I love a good 2 stroke but it does get annoying having to put rings and pistons in them all the time.
I'm sure yours can be fixed, hell, even totally rebuilding them from scratch isn't a big deal. However if you are just sick of buying pots maybe think about a Morley, they use a LED and an opto-resistor instead of a pot. It's rare that they ever blow and even if they did it's easy to replace them. They do have a different sound and action, either you like them or you don't. But built like a brick shithouse, that's what I like about them.

Haha. I love your analogy, because I used to ride a lot. 2 strokes were always my favorite too..

Ive never tried a Morely. I thought about trying out one, but had to leave, Ill try them friday. And on the ones you step on to turn on, and step off to turn off, how long is the delay between the cut off/on?