Has anybody seen a middle pickup moved closer to the neck/bridge than normal? I'm thinking about doing that to my next guitar, and I'm just wondering if there are any examples
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Wait, so you take a middle pickup...

[]..[]..[]

then move it closer to the neck

[].[]...[]

then move it closer to the bridge

[]..[]..[]

Isn't that just a middle pickup?
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
my first guitar i built had the middle pick up closer than the bridge than it should have been but that was just a measuring error sounded fine i no longer have the guitar shuld have used better materials to make it i dropped it once and it fell apart
Quote by velocigecko
Wait, so you take a middle pickup...

[]..[]..[]

then move it closer to the neck

[].[]...[]

then move it closer to the bridge

[]..[]..[]

Isn't that just a middle pickup?

I plan to move the middle pickup closer to the neck so it has a warmer sound. It's still a middle pickup, but more neck-like.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

yea i kinda figured that it was a joke
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Oh sorry haha. I guess I'm too dense to get jokes over the internet
Quote by blackflag49

Seems to kind of defeat the point a little bit, seeing as it would probably reduce versatility a bit.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Coil-tapped as in coil-split? Because I hate them with a passion. They always sound thin and bland to me.
Quote by blackflag49