so im graduating in a few days and decided to treat myself to a nice new brand acoustic guitar... ive been planning this for a longgg time and have decided that i will be getting a takamine. HOWEVER, i am now posed with the problem of which one. i love the size of the g series NEX bodies, but at the same time i love the way the g series dreadnoughts sound. basically my question is does anyone have any experiences with NEX's or takamine dreadnoughts? and if you do could you offer me some insight on your experience with them?... furthermore if you havent had any experience with them, but have something to add such as another suggestion, i am open to new ideas
thank you!
i'd suggest that you don't decide on what to buy by brand - you decide by individual guitar. there are some nice taks out there, but there are lots of other nice guitars out there. if you buy by brand, you may miss out.
Quote by patticake
i'd suggest that you don't decide on what to buy by brand - you decide by individual guitar.

Thumbs-up for that advice.

What are you into TS? Dreadnoughts, smaller bodies, loud, soft? Takamines are pretty solid, but there are lots of close competitors.
hmm ok good to know. thanks.

im limited to a $600 budget though, so im trying to get the best deal i can get for my money. i like smaller bodies, dreadnoughts are definately to big thats why i really enjoy the scaled down jumbos (NEX). and it pretty much has to be a single cut away so i have access to higher frets. and id prefer a deep warm sound, rather than a bright tinny one. do you have any ideas that would fit these specs?
Quote by takingfire21
i like smaller bodies, dreadnoughts are definately to big thats why i really enjoy the scaled down jumbos (NEX). and it pretty much has to be a single cut away so i have access to higher frets. and id prefer a deep warm sound, rather than a bright tinny one. do you have any ideas that would fit these specs?

I can't think of the model names off the top of my head, but Blueridge and Seagull both make some guitars that fit those criteria and are exceptional.
I have a Washburn D-10m and i'm pretty happy with the sound and the size of the guitar doesn't really bother me. Then again I like to believe i'm a pretty big guy so a smaller person might have problems.

The only thing is at night I have to put something like a sock on the bridge the try and muffle the sound a bit because it bothers people trying to sleep.
seagull and other brands make mini jumbos. they're similar in shape, but only takamine makes the nex shape, which btw, is a dread with rounded corners. i prefer the sound of the seagull mini jumbo to the nex myself, but that's just a personal preference.