so is having a pedal a big factor in huge pinch harmonics?

Like killswitch engage kind of ones. I can do mediocre PH's on the g b and e strings, but when it gets to the low E and all that, it makes no sound close to a PH. Im in drop C right now, and im trying to play KSE and i feel like a loser when i dont do a PH when they do. Any tips?
it seems to me like it should be easier on the lower strings, ive heard that the bigger the pick the bigger the sound of a pinch harmonic, and i heard david gilmore say that when it comes to pinch harmonics you want to really dig in and give a strong attack and thats what its all about he said
Just practice and practice more, it took me a while to finally get consistent pinchies on all the strings and then I tried doing the ones in my curse and failed, kept trying and they started becoming clearer, then one day I could hit em like nothing
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
Just incorporate them into your normal routine. It'll be second nature in time.
Also, the amp does play a significant role.
My old Mesa didn't really let them loose, but my 6505+ definitely does.
Probably because I didn't crank it, before
"Play them blues, boy!"

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 2x12
ESP Ltd EC 1000
Jackson King V
Jackson DKMG
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS9
BOSS EQ 7
High gain helps a lot, but since you're playing KSE, I doubt gain is a problem. If you have really loose strings, that can possibly make it difficult. For me, it's always easier with tight strings.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
on a KSE-related note, I find a lot of their songs boring to play, they tend to play the same riffs over and over and over and over again.
well my guitar is set up for drop B and i tuned up to drop C so they're nice and tight. Arterial i see what you mean, theyre all power chords and 0's and stuff, but some of it is nice.

im kind of just starting to play metal, i used to just play rock and alternative rock and stuff. most of kse is pretty easy.

I'm going to buy a boss MT-2 soon, and that might help it.. maybe ill just keep practicing.

Can anyone tell me how exactly to do it? no videos teach me
Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top is renowned for his pinch harmonics and he doesn't use too much gain.
PH are really about where your fingers are on the pick & how you attack the string, but looser strings from drop tunings are usually a little harder to perfect.
It's all about technique. You can get pinch harmonics ringing out clearly on an acoustic if your technique is good enough; as AlexAngus points out, Billy Gibbons abuses pinch harmonics almost to the point of self-parody and he uses both very low gain and low output pickups.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's all about technique. You can get pinch harmonics ringing out clearly on an acoustic if your technique is good enough; as AlexAngus points out, Billy Gibbons abuses pinch harmonics almost to the point of self-parody and he uses both very low gain and low output pickups.

Yay!! then my technique is good enough

pinch harmonics are hard to do when the strings are floppy,try changing to a higher gauge..
Just grab it and shake it, if it sqeals it's a bonus.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Just keep practicing, trust me it´ll come out like butter in no time (Who does not likes butter?) But all in all, just do it slowly on simple scales pinching every other note here and there for the heck of it, i used the intro riff on this coheed and cambria song that sounds like the pacman theme lol (yes, i forgot the name since i didn´t actually learn the whole song =,=).

But when i pinch my hand gets in a sorta really wierd position down, since i do it all out, but now getting back to normal playing is easy as C when im playing.

JUST KEEP IT UP WITH THE PRACTICE AND INCORPORATE ON YOUR EVERYDAY PLAYING THE PINCH´s.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
it is not about the amp or the pedal.. just practice more.. I can do it unplugged so why cant you..

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
Mids help alot to make'em ringout. High output pickouts help with the pinch "tone".
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
It also depends on your position over the pickups. Try moving to different locations along the pickups and you will hear different pinched harmonic sounds. Some areas wont pinch well at all - if at all. Also, its easier to get them if you are using the bridge pickup because of the typically higher output.
Are they easier to hit on parts of the neck where natural harmonics exist? I agree they just require practice like anything else. I can hit them about 50-60% of the time and can see myself improving on them as I practice more. I do notice they are easier to get with more gain though, but that might just be a crutch rather than a necessity.