ok so i just bought this half stack off craigslist and it is GREAT it is a Line 6 Spider 3 head and a Behringer 4x12 Cabinet

is it loud enough to play a live gig? lol i think it is i believe the head is 75 watts i am not sure here is a pic of it

i only paid $280 for it
thats a decent deal.

Its loud enough to gig thats for sure.

if you like it thats great. But make sure to upgrade one day haha.
Classical Guitarist
yeah its loud enough
and glad you got it for cheap
cause youll want upgrade soon
that was a big upgrade considering before that i had a little 15 watt practice amp haha
so in their mind i should upgrade b.c it is a spider? i was told marshalls suck by a lot of people
not because its a spider but because its a modeling amp
i dont mind those for practice but for gigging id use something a little less proccessed
but if you like it go ahead and gigg with with
but in my experience people get tired of the sound of those amps
and a marshall tube amp does not suck but some of their lower price models do though
mgs for example
Yes your amp is loud enough. I personally think it may be a little too big for some purposes, but on the other hand I don't like lugging around quad boxes either
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I have the 75 watt spider 3, not the head though. I play it and its okay, theres quite a bit of interesting models on there. They sound abit fake for my tastes, thats why im hopefully upgrading soon. XD for your fbv foot controller, the Wah pedal isnt that great, so id recommend getting real pedals if you dont already have some. Its loud enough for small - medium sized gigs. stages and large gigs, if you get that far, you'll need moar firepower.
I'm a drummer, guitarist, bassist, songwriter, and vocalist. It's good to be balanced.
Quote by Sitkemkev
I have the 75 watt spider 3, not the head though. I play it and its okay, theres quite a bit of interesting models on there. They sound abit fake for my tastes, thats why im hopefully upgrading soon. XD for your fbv foot controller, the Wah pedal isnt that great, so id recommend getting real pedals if you dont already have some. Its loud enough for small - medium sized gigs. stages and large gigs, if you get that far, you'll need moar firepower.
Not necessarily. You could fill a stadium with a 30 watt SS amp, provided the venue has a PA system.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Not necessarily. You could fill a stadium with a 30 watt SS amp, provided the venue has a PA system.

I agree. 75 watts is plenty loud, especially if you rig it to a quad box. For stadiums and such you can't expect to play with just an amp not miked into a PA. That's just silly. Even if it could get loud enough to fill the stadium, imagine how loud it would be on stage? I wonder if you'd get physically blown off the stage by the air pressure. I think your eardrums would probably explode.

Some physics guy should figure out how loud the stage would be to have an amp loud enough to do a stadium alone.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud