I'm making this thread because I need some advice on a bass I'm planning to buy.

I found a used Stingray HH for 1000€ (about 1200$). Knowing that they cost twice as much when they're new, I think it's quite a good deal. The problem is that it's still a big amount of money.

That's why I would like to know if the upgrade would be worth the price. I currently play an Ibanez ATK, so I already have the possibility to get a tone similar to a Stingray (even if I know it's not the same), but I don't know how much the neck humbucker adds to the tonal possibilities.

If it helps, my band plays a mix of stoner/dub/drum'n'bass, I think Dub Trio is the band that would be the most comparable.
Stingrays are aaaawesome. You will thank yourself for getting one.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Stingrays are aaaawesome. You will thank yourself for getting one.

that

the tones are comparable, but so is dark and milk chocolate, they're both types of chocolate but they are completely different.

The neck pickup is something I would have a hard time living without tbh.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
that seems like alot for a second hand music man stingray. I would expect to pay more like 800-900 for a second hand one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Ah sorry, check out basschat.co.uk if your after a second hand one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul