Me and my band were having a discussion today, and I figured I would ask strangers over the internet for advice.

I'm in a blues-rock band right now, I play lead, we have a rhythm guitarist, a drummer and a singer. We also have three or four guys down for playing some bass for us. The thing is, where not sure if we really need it. Our sound seems pretty full as it is. I'm just wondering if there's a perspective to this that I'm missing?
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
Do your guitar tune an octave lower than usual? Does your drummer have a bass drum as a...... very large bass drum?

There is simply nothing filling out the lower end of the frequincy (I can't spell ) spectrum.

Have you gigged yet?
The fact is, bass isn't just another instrument, it's pretty important. It's the only instrument filling out that low end of the music. It's also what really gets you dancing or tapping your feet, not the guitar or drum lines etc
It probably just sounds "full" because you don't know the bass is supposed to be there. Once you get the bassist in it's going to sound a lot better. Maybe the rhythm guitarist is open to the possibility of playing bass? Or maybe both of you, switching for songs?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Well, that seems pretty unanimous, we'll start talking to the bassists.

And the dual guitar thing is actually pretty central to our sound, and the songs we've written, so that's not an option we'd go for at the moment.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
I guess you should do what feels right, There are a some good bands who don't use a Bass Player (Black Keys, White Stripes, Black Box Revelation).

A Bass player can lift your songs to a next level, but if he's only there to play the octave of the chord you're using, I don't see a point in hiring one.
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)