Hi can i ask you guys why should i buy the ESP Horizon over the LTD standard series? How do consider them if you want to buy either one?

Also, would u buy the SV standard over the ESP horizon?it is more expensive but the design is nice
I now have a signature
nope i cant justify it =)
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
ESP is just better than the LTD standard series. It is made in Japan, uses better wood, electronics, better quality control etc. U could get the LTD deluxe series. Its better than the LTD Standard series and almost as good as the ESPs.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
ESP is just better than the LTD standard series. It is made in Japan, uses better wood, electronics, better quality control etc. U could get the LTD deluxe series. Its better than the LTD Standard series and almost as good as the ESPs.

this is it, also with the esp it is slightly more made by hand rather than machine
Quote by holycow

then where do they make LTDs? some people say guitars with EMG all sound the same is that true?
I now have a signature
LTD Deluxes are made in Korea.

And it's a general opinion. EMGs all sound the same no matter what guitar they're in. Which is why if you're considering an expensive guitar it makes more sense (to me at least) to get a guitar with passives.

Doesn't mean you're not allowed to get EMGs on an expensive guitar, tons of people do it, EMGs have a great metal tone.
LTD standard are made in Indonesia.
LTD deluxes are made in Korea.
ESPs are made in Japan.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
ok then what are the differences between M AND H AND THE MH deluxe series?? besides the wood and the construction they are pretty much the same?how do i choose over these 3 models
I now have a signature
Quote by jnsw
ok then what are the differences between M AND H AND THE MH deluxe series?? besides the wood and the construction they are pretty much the same?how do i choose over these 3 models

they're very similar. i think the M uses alder and H and MH uses Mahogany. Alder sounds bright and mahogany sounds dark. U can also get the H and MH with hard-tail (no tremolo) and u can get the MH-1000NT with seymour duncans instead of EMGs. So just choose one that you like.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
why ESP>LTD

better wood
better hardware(tuners,bridges etc.)
handmade
attention to detail is better
the things that they normally dont list,like fret wire,pots,switches etc. are better
are built by better Luthiers
Quote by archenemyfan
why ESP>LTD

better wood
handmade
the things that they normally dont list,like fret wire,pots,switches etc. are better

This guy speak of truths. I would take the cheapest ESP anyday over an LTD :/ not saying they are bad, just that it´s not the same XD (compare something handmade with something made by bunches, get the idea?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
As far as M, MH and H go, M is a flat top guitar with a thinner neck, like the Ibanez RG models. MH and H guitars have thicker bodies with carved tops and slightly thicker necks (about the same neck as Schecter guitars have, a bit thinner than a Fender neck). MH and H guitars sound and feel very similar, but there are a couple of subtle differences. H guitars usually have 3-a-side headstocks while MH guitars usually have pointed headstocks. H guitars have a really deep rib cage contour on the back while MH guitars have a more standard Strat-style back contour.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by holycow

absolutely correct.. Buy a LTD Deluxe nearly the same quality.. I have one and it is good.. Look at my sig..

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
Struggled with the same decision. I saved the money and bought the EC-1000 sold it now I have a MH-1000 but i couldn't justify the extra money. It's just not that much better.
From my own experience, even Ltd Deluxe is far away to Esp Standards, no matter what people say on this forum. Every Ltd has felt cheap and poorly assembled, while the Esp Standards has been so perfect a production series guitar can be. To me, at least, everyone saying Ltd Deluxe is "just as good" as the Esp Standard is a bullshitting bulshitter.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
From my own experience, even Ltd Deluxe is far away to Esp Standards, no matter what people say on this forum. Every Ltd has felt cheap and poorly assembled, while the Esp Standards has been so perfect a production series guitar can be. To me, at least, everyone saying Ltd Deluxe is "just as good" as the Esp Standard is a bullshitting bulshitter.

spot on

+long term,no matter what people say,the ESP is gonna hold up much better..just like that Fr1000 vs OFR comparison..
Quote by HomerSGR

Slightly exaggerated, but true. ESP is still a considderable step up from the LTD deluxe series, no matter how much the LTD owners would like it not to be.

Quote by archenemyfan
why ESP>LTD

better wood
handmade

No they're not. They are completely CNC cut. Afaik only the Jackson USA's and some custom shops make their necks and bodies by hand using a mall, instead of fully PC coltrolled CNC's.
For the rest: +1

Quote by brittishligean

this is it, also with the esp it is slightly more made by hand rather than machine

No they're not. See comment above.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ive never been able to justify buying an ESP myself but i have played some really nice ones in my time. some of their old Telecaster designs are really nice.

Cant really go into details but they are very high quality guitars but slightly overpriced
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
This is the beginning of an argument that spans most of the major manufacturers that have offshore models.
Whether it's Epi vs Gibson, MIM Fender vs MIA Fender, LTD vs ESP the owners of the less expensive models don't like to hear their guitars aren't as good as the more expensive ones while the owners of the more expensive models don't like to hear that a guitar 1/2 the price or more of theirs is just as good.
I won't comment either way on this one.
Moving on.....