Hi guys,

I got a LC 15-R. Its a nice little amp but now at higher volumes its a bit harsh ... Specially the highs, and it can sound muddy with higher gain (i play some hard rock and old metal and even with a distortion pedal which gives me more or less the right voicing - Ibanez Tube King , it has a great 3 band eq - at volume 2 it sounds great but after that it sounds muddy)
Is there a way to get rid some of that harshness and muddyness at higher volume?

Will changing the tubes and speaker help? How good are the tubes on it, they are TAD branded 12 ax7's and El84's ) the guy at my guitar shop told me to swap the preamp to Sovtek's 12 awb's. is it a good choice? thanks.

Please don't tell me to buy a new amp, i don't have much money + im now a student in university so i have to spend for other things and a few upgrades is all i can afford.
ricv2106 is online now Edit/Delete Message
Add KT88 tubes, and a Celestion G10 speaker.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I've heard that TAD's are quite bright, so maybe put some JJ's in there. Upgrade the speaker and possibly upgrade the Output transformer.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly