Page 1 of 2
Any solos you listen to that make you just "fall into it"? Like a lot of Pink Floyd, I was just listening to the final Comfortably Numb solo and it just captures you. You forget about everything around you and it just really talks. Probably why it's voted one of the best solos ever.
The solo in the live version of Name of the Game/Eagle by ABBA
Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
Purple Rain - Prince and the Revolution
Bass and guitar solo in The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Last edited by Jlovesmetal at Jun 9, 2010,
Wading In The Velvet Sea - Phish
Tunnel Of Love - Dire Straits
Stand Inside Your Love - Smashing Pumpkins

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

CIJ 72 RE Custom Tele
Laney AOR Pro tube 30W
Well, good luck finding another Comfortably Numb... it's the world's greatest guitar solo.

One that I listened to just a few minutes ago is Goodnight Kiss by Dream Theater, and at the end Petrucci has a little solo, which is much more lyrical and bluesy, if you will, than his standard shredfest. It's that makes me happy. Angus Young in You Shook Me All Night Long? Mark Knopfler in Sultans of Swing?

Now, epic guitarists like hendrix, page, clapton, may... I have had a bit of a think and none of their solos seem to evoke the same sort of all-encompassing awe that Comfortably Numb achieves... who knows. Maybe David was just lucky the day he wrote it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by acecube
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Really? Joe Perry's solo means that Sing For The Moment is the only rap track that is allowed here... otherwise, keep your hippy hoppy to yourself.

:P
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Well, good luck finding another Comfortably Numb... it's the world's greatest guitar solo.

One that I listened to just a few minutes ago is Goodnight Kiss by Dream Theater, and at the end Petrucci has a little solo, which is much more lyrical and bluesy, if you will, than his standard shredfest. It's that makes me happy. Angus Young in You Shook Me All Night Long? Mark Knopfler in Sultans of Swing?

Now, epic guitarists like hendrix, page, clapton, may... I have had a bit of a think and none of their solos seem to evoke the same sort of all-encompassing awe that Comfortably Numb achieves... who knows. Maybe David was just lucky the day he wrote it.

Lol nah.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
I don't wanna go there by Dinosaur Jr. I don't even know whym, it's not that great of a solo but i just never want it to end.

And also the Sultans of Swing solo from Wembley, it is amazing.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Rosetta Stoned
Televators
No Quarter
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Any solo Mikael Akerfeldt has ever written. Selkies and Obfuscation by BTBAM. Rejection Role by Soilwork. Atmospheric stuff in general.
Sig.
alter bridge blackbird solo
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by Darkkon
Any solo Mikael Akerfeldt has ever written. Selkies and Obfuscation by BTBAM. Rejection Role by Soilwork. Atmospheric stuff in general.

Big +1 on Selkies.

Also, White Walls by BTBAM, The Wicked End by A7x, One Blood by Terence Jay, and This I Love by GN'R.
The Final Cut by Coheed and Cambria, especially the Neverender version. It's pretty much Pink Floyd in a song.
...In my opinion.
The solo for Blow up the outside world by Soundgarden. Just the way Chris Cornell, and Kim Thayil's playing blends so well.
Also even though it's not a solo I would have to say the guitar part to Rain Rogs. That sound makes me feel like I'm right there seeing everything as Tom describes it.
Last but not least is the solo from All I know by Screaming trees. Just seems to fit the song perfectly especially the solo at the end.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Message to the world by story of the year, has an epic solo.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Agreed. Comfortably Numb solo cannot be beaten in terms of "losing yourself" in it.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Agreed. Comfortably Numb solo cannot be beaten in terms of "losing yourself" in it.
Playing this is one of life's sweetest pleasures.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
I've always been a big fan of nevermore's matricide solo...it's pretty epic.
Sails of Charon by Scoprions

Uli OWNS
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Time - Pink Floyd

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Fade to Black

Time
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by El Hilliaro
Time - Pink Floyd

/thread
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Seize the Day by A7X. Don't like the band at all, but that solo is Tits McGee
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc&feature=related

It's great song, B minor pentatonic never sounded so good.

That clip is the last solo of the last song from the last time that Pink Floyd will ever perform. This is the most special one to me, Check out the group hug at the end. Brings a tear to my eye.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Jun 9, 2010,
hotel california?
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
IMO its miles better than Comfortably Numb, but maybe I have just listened to Comfortably Numb's solo too much.

Also, Dream Theater's Peruvian Skies and Lines In the Sand solos are awsome. The last highest notes in Peruvian Skies solo are just screaming for orgasm.
I don't like Comfortably Numb Its just never done anything for me I'm afraid.

I for one enjoy getting lost in the solo of Pendulous Skin by Mastodon. I also like to get lost in pretty much any Dinosaur Jr. solo.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Page 1 of 2