I put on new strings and the bridge went down so I adjusted the bridge.
This left my b string sounding really quiet and dull (Hard to explain) What's up with that?
Also when you adjust the bridge, does it change the setup of the guitar. because there are two screws for the springs and was just wondering if was quite technical or simply just tighten or loosen the screws.
Thank you for replies
The Internet: It's serious business
What bridge is it??
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
What bridge is it??

Not sure. It's an Ibanez one. Came with an Ibanez Gio.
Ah ok, in that case no it shouldn't do anything, just holds it to the guitar

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Ah ok, in that case no it shouldn't do anything, just holds it to the guitar

Thank you

Anyone know about the string sounding quiet?
I'm getting a new guitar soon and am planning on selling this one so I want it to sound good for the buyer.
Yeah don't know really, double check you put them on right... If you put them on one by one then it shouldn't be a problem but if you put them all on at the same time and took them all off at once chances are the trussrod inside your guitars neck could be under a different pressure than before so it may need ajusting

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Yeah don't know really, double check you put them on right... If you put them on one by one then it shouldn't be a problem but if you put them all on at the same time and took them all off at once chances are the trussrod inside your guitars neck could be under a different pressure than before so it may need ajusting

Yeah, I took them all off at once Loads of people were saying it doesn't change anything.
Oh well, I'll just get my guitar teacher to look at it.
Wat
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Okay, serious reply.

Is it a floyd rose? Whammy bar?

You said two screws in the back, are thier springs back there?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at Jun 9, 2010,
Did you raise the saddle for that one string? Cause if the string got further away from the pickups, it will sound quieter.
I think what your problem might be is that the action for that string is a tad bit too low, so its causing it to buzz against the frets, making it sound dull. Simply either just raise the action on that saddle a bit till it goes away, or, you might have my problem, where your fret board actually warped, causing the frets to be higher in one place than another. To fix that you have to carefully grind down your frets so they are level with the rest.

But I wouldn't worry about it too much, just raise the action and you should be fine.
A dull sounding guitar can be solved with an other kind of strings, I am not sure which strings give you a brighter sound but you can find that on the package of the strings.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant