hey, i am looking for a new gutair right now i have a hammer explorer. i want something like a dean razorback but i heard they play iffy and feel crappy. anyone got any companies?
Go to a shop and play lots. Pick one you like the best.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Chikao42

^^ I agree with that...
But whats your budget?
And whats the style?
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Last edited by DaMarsbarPerson at Jun 9, 2010,
I like dean, Jackson and B.C. Rich. to me the razorbacks don't play bad at all. you really just need to shop around and find what feels good to you.
Quote by M.G.
hey, i am looking for a new gutair right now i have a hammer explorer. i want something like a dean razorback but i heard they play iffy and feel crappy. anyone got any companies?

What's your price range and what kind of music do you play? Are you looking for a tremelo system?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Your OP contains the words 'gutiar' and 'gutair'... it's guitar dude... although I suppose it's not written anywhere on this website. Oh wait...

I don't personally own a company, sorry.

Oh, and if you're looking for a guitar, buy a Strat. They do everything. What about metal, you say? Yngwie Malmsteen will show you how a Strat does metal. Although he has different pickups... but then so does Gilmour. Also, strats look sweet and explorers look, well, ghey. Sorry Gary Moore. You should have stuck with Greeny's guitar dude.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Yeah strats are just amazing I would have to agree to get one if you can... I have a jackson kelly but i can play better on my strat, hell I can do anything up to megadeth on it and everything sounds crisp and clear
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by seemeel
Your OP contains the words 'gutiar' and 'gutair'... it's guitar dude... although I suppose it's not written anywhere on this website. Oh wait...

Thank you.
ESP, i have an AX-260. i havent looked at the AX series lately so they might not have mine anymore. but its a unique looking series. like a BC Rich but with good sound.
Quote by Chikao42

hit the nail on the head!!
Quote by Chikao42

If everyone just did that this board would be a ghost town

Of course going to a store and trying out a bunch of guitars is a great idea but it's also good to get the opinions of other guitarists and have an idea of what to look for before you go in.

If someone plays death metal there's not much point going into a store with no idea what to try, playing a bunch of strats and teles and buying whichever one sounded comparatively best instead of one of the Jacksons or ESP's on the wall they didn't get around to trying and didn't know to look for because they didn't get any advice before going in, or buying a guitar that seems great at the time but down the line can't hold its tune because of a cheap trem they didn't know about before buying it. That's why we're here
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by thamason69
hit the nail on the head!!

its good to get opinions so you dont play the crappy ones
Quote by seemeel

Oh, and if you're looking for a guitar, buy a Strat. They do everything. What about metal, you say? Yngwie Malmsteen will show you how a Strat does metal. Although he has different pickups... but then so does Gilmour. Also, strats look sweet and explorers look, well, ghey. Sorry Gary Moore. You should have stuck with Greeny's guitar dude.

Yeah about that...im sorry but Yngwie isnt metal.
Quote by seemeel

Mm, you forgot "hammer"

Seriously, UG should have a grammar sticky. That would be awesome.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I cant understand why someone would suggest a fender stratocaster to a guy that obviously play metal and look at dean guitar ...

strat ( even the HSS ) are decent for metal but sound nothing like a ESP with active pickup .

Ive had both .. and they totally different , strat arent for metal ( i mean thrash , nu metal ) etc... of course oyu can play anything with any guitar .

but the strato will be expensive and wont be equip half as good for metal than an esp (LTD ) would .

Ok buy a strat ( hss of course , dont get a single coil one ) ... it come equip with a fender diamondback humbucker which is a so-so humbucker 999 $ . buy a separate high output humbucker add another 75 $ for a good seymour duncan or di marzio . have it installed and the guitar set up becuase you changed the string gauge ( you wont play on a .42 gauge ) ... so add another 50-60 at least ... your at near 1200 $ for a decent thrash metal guitar .

you could get a great esp ltd for 699 $ equip with EMG 81/60 active pickup in solid mahogany .

a strat is not as tight and punchy as a Esp with emg active . . simple fact . You can play metal with a strat but it will cost you to make it perfect for metal . Esp make guitars that are ready for it . alder isnt mahogany ...

just a thought .. i love my strat more than everything .... but wouldnt suggest it to a guy that play metal only . get something factory equip with emg active . and the sound will be better than a strat .

strat= bright .

take a look at ESP ... they made aweosme guitar and the LTD range is the best there is price /quality wise )

WWW.ESPGUITARS.COM

simple as that .

and im a fender lover .. but esp made awesome guitar for metal .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jun 10, 2010,
yeah, i took a ESP AX260 and put some actives, looks like metal and plays chunky riffs and sweeping amazingly great
Quote by demondown666
ESP, i have an AX-260. i havent looked at the AX series lately so they might not have mine anymore. but its a unique looking series. like a BC Rich but with good sound.

Haha Demon, B.C Rich have great import guitars these days, That sound really great. Quality is on par if not better then other similary priced Imports. Obviously most run Actives, So its metal or bust.

M.G, Like has been said, forums and friends can only help you so far when it comes to picking a new axe, obviously you wana start with models that look good to you (if i dont like the look of an axe i dont have the motivation to play it as much) Then find what sounds / plays / feels / fits good. If it isnt your first axe You should know what your after more then anyone else.