Hey guys Ive only played for a year or so and i'm looking for a multi effects/ multi amp processor to satisfy my curiosity, and add a little something else to playing. I found a Behringer V-amp 2 on craigslist the guy said he'd take 65$ for. I found a Zoom G1next i believe it was, at the local family owned music store the guy said hed give me for 63.xx out the door. Which one of these products are better in your opinion? Ive read alot of posts on here about various "POD" models. Just wanted to know what yall thought, the guy selling the v-amp2 said that the zooms effects sound really digital, and the guy at the store didnt knock the v-amp2 but he described the zoom in a manner that makes me think its the better equipment. Like I said i'm fairly new so I would just like to do my research b4 i buy something and then regret it. I'll be using a micro cube amp with it and playing and Epiphone LesPaul through it, and not one of the cheapo Special II's Thankyou.
Carlo Robelli Acoustic electric (Tobbaco Sunburst)
Silvertone Revolver SS11 (Tobbaco Sunburst)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Curly Maple)
Stokker silvertone amp (BLEHHH)
Roland Micro Cube Amplifier
Quote by RoadHammer
Hey guys Ive only played for a year or so and i'm looking for a multi effects/ multi amp processor to satisfy my curiosity, and add a little something else to playing. I found a Behringer V-amp 2 on craigslist the guy said he'd take 65$ for. I found a Zoom G1next i believe it was, at the local family owned music store the guy said hed give me for 63.xx out the door. Which one of these products are better in your opinion? Ive read alot of posts on here about various "POD" models. Just wanted to know what yall thought, the guy selling the v-amp2 said that the zooms effects sound really digital, and the guy at the store didnt knock the v-amp2 but he described the zoom in a manner that makes me think its the better equipment. Like I said i'm fairly new so I would just like to do my research b4 i buy something and then regret it. I'll be using a micro cube amp with it and playing and Epiphone LesPaul through it, and not one of the cheapo Special II's Thankyou.

Both are crap. The line-6 is going to beat them hands down for modeling.
Thats what ive read but does anyone have any positive feedback or details about either? The line6 isnt much more $ wise tho is it?
Carlo Robelli Acoustic electric (Tobbaco Sunburst)
Silvertone Revolver SS11 (Tobbaco Sunburst)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Curly Maple)
Stokker silvertone amp (BLEHHH)
Roland Micro Cube Amplifier
Neither are going to sound awesome through a micro cube.

PERSONALLY, I would sped a few extra bucks, and get something like a digitech RP255
It has amp models, AND distortion (stompbox) models as well as all the other effects, and many more options for using them (I think it has like 5 reverb models, all fully customizable) it also has en expression pedal you can set up for anything from gain level, to reverb level etc. Mostly, you;ll use it as a volume pedal, and punch it down and it switches to a Wah pedal (also has a whammy feature).

Of the 2 you mentioned, I have only played the behringer....and it really isn't bad...just not 1/10 as versatile as the RP250.

No matter WHAT you get, I would suggest trying to plug them into your home stereo/theater (use mixer mode on the RP-250) it will sound WORLDS better then through a micro cube.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune