What could this be?

Nice!

A Fender Champ 600 Reissue!

Sexy 5W tube tone for me!

And a killer vintage look!

I'm officially in love!

I can now trash the spider! It's about time!

I bought this baby for 160$CAN and I can't stop playing with it! It's pretty much the simplest amp you can get. 1 volume control, an on/off switch and 2 inputs.

On the low input with a neck pick-up at 8-9 volume I can get a sweet clean tone, I love it.

For the heavier stuff i go on the high input. An humbucker will get some pretty overdriven sound. I can get some great classic rock tones. The neck pick-up or neck-middle combo are nice for a blues tone.

You can't expect to get any metal tone out of this, but the overdrive is good and the classic fender clean is yummy.

The amp is powered by a 6v6 and a 12ax7 tube. The stock tube seem shitty, i will probably upgrade them soon. The speaker is a little bit noisy on high volume, I heard that a lot of people change it to a Weber alnico speaker, I'll try this too at one time or an other.

I'm overall very impressed by the amp! For 160$ you can't really go wrong. Such an upgrade from the spider!
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Quote by bellette
Giggity.

Looks great man. I love all the champ variants. I imagine a tube and speaker swap would really make that thing shine, and both could be done under $100... Might be worth looking into. Either way sweet amp, huge upgrade.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
This is just a great amp for home playing. You can crank it up to get the sweet natural overdrive.

I did not what a 100W tube head that I could not crank up.

Edit: Carl Sagan
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Epic little amp you got there! I would love to boost it with a fuzz... omgfap
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I have one myself! I love them!! Turn it all the way up, and then boost it with something. (i used a big muff pi) and you can get some pretty nice classic rock sounds.

HNGD!!
Quote by nickdohle
I have one myself! I love them!! Turn it all the way up, and then boost it with something. (i used a big muff pi) and you can get some pretty nice classic rock sounds.

HNGD!!

I was thinking about the big muff! How is the sound?

I heard that the champ can take pedals like a king but I don't have any to try it.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

nice, they're cute wee things. Shame they're so dear this side of the pond or i might have one by now. Fame does what looks like a clone/close copy for a lot less, but i don't know for sure if it is (and I'd only really want it if it did a very similar tone)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Does your VHT not get similar tone Dave?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i kinda meant before i got the vht. But i wouldn't say it's exactly the same, the vht has a lot less headroom. From what i remember of the champion 600 i tried it stayed clean most of the way up. the vht, unless you're using really low output single coils, isn't clean at 9 o'clock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Now just swap the output transformer with one with multiple speaker taps so you can run it through a nice cabinet.

HNAD

Stick a tubescreamer in front of it and I think you'll be surprised how heavy it can get.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i kinda meant before i got the vht. But i wouldn't say it's exactly the same, the vht has a lot less headroom. From what i remember of the champion 600 i tried it stayed clean most of the way up. the vht, unless you're using really low output single coils, isn't clean at 9 o'clock.
Ohhh ok
The VHT has a 12 inch speaker too right?
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by bellette
I was thinking about the big muff! How is the sound?

I heard that the champ can take pedals like a king but I don't have any to try it.

I personally hate my Big Muff. It was complete impulse buy. I dont play any music that sounds really good with fuzz though, and when i cover anything with fuzz, I like to use just my amps natural gain. I think it sounds better.

But theyre ok little pedals. It sounds really good with the Champ. I didnt like it with my DSL to much.

Ill sell you it if you want it. Pm me if you do.
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Ohhh ok
The VHT has a 12 inch speaker too right?

10". the classic 6 has a 12" speaker, though. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the special 6...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
huh not to bad govna. but what i'm still not getting is why everyone hates spiders so much but heaps of people own them? can someone explain?

*Edit* HNAD!!!!!!
people buy them as relatively new players, then later realise they aren't that great.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
10". the classic 6 has a 12" speaker, though. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the special 6...
Ohh, fair enough
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
people buy them as relatively new players, then later realise they aren't that great.

Exact!
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Dave_Mc
nice, they're cute wee things. Shame they're so dear this side of the pond or i might have one by now. Fame does what looks like a clone/close copy for a lot less, but i don't know for sure if it is (and I'd only really want it if it did a very similar tone)...

To be honest you'd have to be the most inept tech on the planet to not be able to make an old Champ clone and get it to sound right. You'd have to scour the globe for the worst components you can find. It's one of the simplest circuits this side of a light switch.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah, but i don't know if cloning it was the actual aim. I'm just going by the fact that it looks pretty similar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Happy new amp day! Congratulations. I also recently made the switch from a spider to a low wattage tube amp and am thoroughly satisfied.
BTW, I am sure you could get that thang really heavy if you tried hard enough. Really it's all in the heaviness of your pick attack.

harder, HARDER!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Grats! I love low watt tube amps!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
BTW, I am sure you could get that thang really heavy if you tried hard enough. Really it's all in the heaviness of your pick attack.

harder, HARDER!

Yeah! The small amp can scream pretty good with power chords at high volume!
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist