So I don't want to play live (Ever) I'm only a bedroom player with a nice budget,

I can spend up to £1000 (although I'd rather it be less) on a small wattage (the lower the better although I guess 5 to 15 W is realistic) good quality amp.

I need to be able to reach the best sounds at the lowest volumes so I need something that doesn't crank much power in order to let me crank it and not be too loud.

I need quite a bit of versatility although mainly focusing on soft rock, classic rock and just plain old rock and roll

Thx guys!

HELLO!

Thanks, that'll go on the list .
I've got the Bugera v5 down and there was a site earlier with a list of some good ones.

EDIT: That may be a tad expensive but I'll consider it as well thanks nice find

Still looking for suggestions guys.

HELLO!

Last edited by JamesLPs at Jun 9, 2010,
Check out the Vox Nighttrain amp. It has a switchable pentode/triode mode that goes from 15w to 7w. It's got great tone, and is a simple amp.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
bear in mind even a 5 watter is pretty loud in a bedroom situation if you want to be able to crank it. something with power scaling or VVR (regardless of the wattage) might be a better idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
bear in mind even a 5 watter is pretty loud in a bedroom situation if you want to be able to crank it. something with power scaling or VVR (regardless of the wattage) might be a better idea.

Completely agree.

Power scaling or even an attenuator are a requirement if you really want to crank an amp.

I had an amp with switchable wattage for a while, and even at 5 watts the thing could be heard from more than a block away. To top it off, I only had the master and channel volumes at 5.
www.valvepower.co.uk

Actually 18w but it has power scaling
Although you have quite a lot of money there so maybe go boutique?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
^^

^ yeah, i mean the valvepower is really nice, but you have a lot of options at £1000. I think mjw has stopped taking orders for a while, though. But cornell would be within budget (low wattage plus variable wattage) and other stuff like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, there's also Matamp.
The Minimat has a built in attenuator I think
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i can't imagine it'd be under budget over here. I haven't seen prices yet, but pretty much all vht stuff is £1500+ here.

^^ yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?