Ok im colabrating on a song with a buddy he's awsome at lyrics and i'm putting the rythm together the song is in G ( g-cadd9-g-am-a7- c) something like that anyway i have come up with chord block lol everything i think of just doesent sound right or im just tired lol just need some chords that go with G weather it be 7th's or minors 12'ths i dont care just need some suggestions.
It's like Time going forward in reverse???????-Ozzy

My Weapons
Fenix XL-30
Norman B-20-12
Peavy raptor

Member #18 Of the offical Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Start with some triads in that key to see what you like : You have G - Am - Bm - C - D - Em and Fdim to work with, since it's major, try using the G, C and D chords. You can try using their 7th chord variations so : G Maj7, C Maj7 and D dom7. Take your pick.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
if u look for some cool sounds try changing from C to Cm or use B7 to move to Em .
is that A7 major or minor?
A7maj
It's like Time going forward in reverse???????-Ozzy

My Weapons
Fenix XL-30
Norman B-20-12
Peavy raptor

Member #18 Of the offical Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Sounds to me like you just need to take a break, and get back to it later... That always helps me when I get writers block, or chord block
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"