I'm looking for a new rig that would be suitable for the jazz/fusion genre. I'm wanting a sound similar to Guthrie Govans or Allan Holdsworths. It preferably needs to be a head but a combo will be fine if it's good enough. Budget is around $1,000. I am willing to go used. Thanks
Blue Red Yellow Green
Quote by FOYSTA
I'm looking for a new rig that would be suitable for the jazz/fusion genre. I'm wanting a sound similar to Guthrie Govans or Allan Holdsworths. It preferably needs to be a head but a combo will be fine if it's good enough. Budget is around $1,000. I am willing to go used. Thanks

You'd be wanting a good valve amp for that, if you are willing to spend $1000, you might be lucky and able to get a used Cornford head (not sure if you have a cab) but another thing to remember, is how Guthrie gets ALOT of tone out of his fingers, if you've seen his lick library interview, he makes his guitar sound like several different ones by using a different attack.
I would love to get a cornford but I don't know anywhere to try them out. I will soon have an avatar 2x12. And yes I have seen all the lick library videos, they are great!
Blue Red Yellow Green