I want a new guitar that would be good for a sound like those kinds of bands. My price range is about 300-400 dollars, maybe 500.

the amp i have is some kind of Randall thats really good for metal, so please just recomend some kinds of guitars.
theres no point in purchasing a guitar that is 3 to 500 dollars cuz its gonna be sh*tty. Save up and get something better

Ibanez Artcore -> my baby
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone SG
VOX AD100VTH
Digitech RP500 Effects Processor
Crybaby Classic Wah
Boss Flanger
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss 2 way Channel Switch
Well, first of all, it's not the guitar the makes your sound, it's primarily your amp. But if you say your amp is good, you should check out some of ESP's LTD MH series guitars. Their Floyds are pretty good, and the pups sound pretty decent for metal.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by CRplaysguitar
theres no point in purchasing a guitar that is 3 to 500 dollars cuz its gonna be sh*tty. Save up and get something better

i just want a descent one, not like the worlds greatest :P

EDIT:^^ Thank you
Idk, I'd just say metal brands in general, Ibanez has pretty good 400-500 guitars imo.

Schecters are good too, also look at ESP's
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Last edited by DakoRob at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by CRplaysguitar

Not true at all. You can always upgrade your axe.

Point in example: I bought a 1997 Ibanez S470. Awful trem system, pretty nasty pickups. Replaced the trem with an OFR, and the pups with EMG 81/60 and a single coil EMG, and it freakin' screamed. Bought the guitar for $150.

Also, many people here on UG simply don't have the resources to save up for that $700 or $800 guitar.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
IBANEZ RG321 and then upgrade it with active EMGs or SD Blackouts
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
at your price, im gonna suggest that you stick to guitars that come without a trem (cheap trems are bad news bears).

if you can do a little saving, an ESP LTD EC-401 can be had for around $650 and its going to be damn near perfect for that type of music. if, however, you are impatient or you simply dont want to spend more than $500, here are some other options:

-Godin Redline HB: $475 (my first choice simply because it is a solid foundation to upgrade down the road with active pickups)
- Jackson Domion D2- $450 (good pups and a well made guitar)
-Jackson JS32RT: appx $400
-Ibanez RGA 32: $350
- Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe: $500 (I'm not a huge fan of schecter, but plenty of guys swear by them and this one has the exact pups you need for the sound you want)

all 5 of these guitars (and any of their respective relatives) ought to sound fairly good through your amp and should be able to create some pretty solid metal tones
You can dial in that tone with the right amp (which it seems you already have) and just about any guitar with EMGs
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
fairly straight foreward sound to aim for, i get it with a decent les paul with EMGs (18v modded) and a decent boost pedal.

for bullets sound in particular you need to EQ your amp really well, i can set out the perfect setting if you have a H&K Trilogy or Statesman!! but if you google im sure you can find a decent eq for yur amp
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
If you get nothing used, get a $300 guitar (Ibanez makes the best low end guitars, IMO, LTD is awesome too) and then get EMG's (Those bands use 81/85). That's about $500, and you'll be able to find the sound you're looking for, if your amp is up to it. Go used, and it's much, much easier to fit in your budget.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X