So today my parents leave to go to the paint store. I quickly run down to my basement and turn my DSL on standby.

After it warms up i play it for a moment, and decide that I want to jam. So I turn the volume on the Ultra gain channel on 4 and start blasting away.

I watched in amusement as my box of picks jiggled around on top of it.

But when I turned the volume on 8 on the classic crunch, the amp head almost vibrated off the cab and onto the floor! This only happens when i palm mute.

LONG STORY SHORT: Amp head vibrates almost off the cab on loud volumes. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Put your head on the floor, or somewhere else than on your cab
Quote by Alex Vik
Try turning down the bass.

This

Do you have the Deep knob engaged and/or use huge amounts of bass in your EQ?

I hope that you use some kind of ear protection at those volumes BTW.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
This

Do you have the Deep knob engaged and/or use huge amounts of bass in your EQ?

I hope that you use some kind of ear protection at those volumes BTW.

I do have the bass knob engaged, but i keep the normal bass around 4(10 oclockish)

I guess I could find a setting with less bass. I might just have to keep my head somewhere else too.. But would sitting it on a carpet floor be a bad idea? Id imagine so.
its the first time i hear of this happening lol
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
its the first time i hear of this happening lol

Me too!! It just kind of scared me. Id hate for it to fall off when I could have prevented it
go to your local arts and crafts store, buy a sheet of that squishy foam type stuff, cut to the dimensions of your head and put it on top of the cab, with the head on top of the foam. this should dampen the vibrations.
I am going to guess the head has hard plastic feet and slide easily on the cab top and that the cab top does not have recesses in the top to hold the head... (and possibly that the cab is not sitting solidly on the floor.)

Do you have an old computer mouse pad that you can cut little squares from to put under the feet? Or go to the hardware store and look for things used to put under the feet of furniture to keep them from sliding/scuffing hardwood floors.
Tape
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by )Eric(Draven
Why are you playing that loud? So impractical.

Impractical? Absolutely. But its a brand new amp, and I havent got to crank it. I just wanted to see what it has in it, and what its capable of.

And yes it does still have the rubber feet, But the cab does not have a recessed top. I probably wont turn it that loud unless im showing off or something, but if i ever decide to try again, Ill try foam and tape i guess.