I just installed the EMG 81/85 ZW set with all the quick connects and the connection hub and all that in my Epiphone SG with 1 vol and 1 tone, 3 way toggle switch. I have followed the wiring diagram to the T and have even gone back through it 3 time and its matches up perfectly.

The problem is this. My 85 in the neck position sounds like crap! when i switch it to the neck position on the pickup sounds very whiny and weak. full strength signal but just crap. anyone have any idea? i switched the battery to a lithium ion battery and have check and rechecked and rechecked my wiring and just can't figure out what would be doing this. my only two thoughts are:
1) something is wrong with the switch
2) something is wrong with the pickup.

any one have any more suggestions?

Thanks,
A picture of your control cavity might help diagnose this. I've had an EMG sound "whiny and weak" before when I accidentally mixed up the power switch and signal terminals on the jack.

The 81 in the bridge sounds okay?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The 81 on the bridge sounds amazing!
I'll post a pic when i go home for lunch in about 30. would putting the quick connect on the pup "upside down" (wires going to the wrong connectors) cause this?
Quote by abicoeffect
would putting the quick connect on the pup "upside down" (wires going to the wrong connectors) cause this?
If memory serves, the effect would be the same as mixing up the terminals on the jack. Double check if you have it right.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by abicoeffect
would this damage the pickup at all?

It shouldn't. Just make sure that it's the right way...I believe theres an arrow on the connector...it should be facing up at you (when you're looking at the bottom of the pickup, that is)
Very doubtful; not in the short-term anyhow.
i'll check that first and then post pic of the cavity if it doesn't solve the problem.