Page 1 of 2
I've been looking around for a guitar, preferably a sharped shaped V, to replace my RR24 as I never use the floyd, and I dont particulary like the emg either.

So I found the following guitars that fit quite well with what I want (24 frets, v shaped, no trem).

ESP LTD V-300
Dean VMNT
BC Rich Stealth (not a v but it has the right specs)

Are any of these close to the RR24s quality? I dont want to downgrade too much but I cant go over $1000.

Any advice very welcome
Are any of these close to the RR24s quality?
yes
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
Man that's pretty tough....

Maybe a mustaine signature?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Higher end LTD's have always been really good quality in my experience. Can't speak for the other 2 but I've heard Dean Guitars are a bit hit-or-miss. And to be honest I've never really heard anyone say much good about BC Rich haha
My rig: ESP Eclipse II --> bulk amount of pedals --> Orange Rockerverb 50w
The LTD will be a real downgrade from the RR24 in every way. The others, I'm not sure of, but I can hardly think that BC Rich is good from what I've heard. The Dean? No idea.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
there is another RR, the RR5, but it only has 22 frets =/

and yeah I've heard some bad stuff about deans guitars but ive seen more positive than negative reviews about the VMNT.
And about the stealth, it shouldnt be a low end guitar right? it has some nice specs
Quote by archenemyfan
Edwards E-AL,the alexi signature..has much better quality than others

Yeah, but I dont want a floyd though
Well, the VMNTs are supposed to be one of Dean's best, if not their best guitars for the price, but I've yet to try them(although like everyone's saying, Dean seems to be a bit of a love-it-or-hate-it deal, I see a lot of hate for them but I love mine), and ESP's supposed to be good for metal and such but I've never played an ESP V(I played some Kirk Hammett signature and a Superstrat of some sort, neither impressed me, but maybe they're good otherwise?). And the BC Rich is...well, I've found them to be utter pieces of sh!t, but if you wanna play one go ahead, each to their own. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by AllAroundMetal
Yeah, but I dont want a floyd though

oops sorry!I didnt see that..

how about a RR5?
Quote by archenemyfan
oops sorry!I didnt see that..

how about a RR5?

doesnt have 24 frets wouldnt think twice about getting it if it wasnt for that
Quote by Chaosinborn
LTD V-401. Though its not an RR. It has emgs, string thru, set net.

according to ESPs homepage it has a trem, I think they changed the name on them but im not sure
Quote by AllAroundMetal
doesnt have 24 frets wouldnt think twice about getting it if it wasnt for that

can you afford a kv2t?

EDIT : oh no,you probably cant,go used then..does it have to be a V?
Quote by archenemyfan
can you afford a kv2t?

EDIT : oh no,you probably cant,go used then..does it have to be a V?

Doesnt really have to be a V, but something similar as I really like the way you sit with them.
Also its really hard to find a used metal guitar where I live thats not low end
Quote by AllAroundMetal
Doesnt really have to be a V, but something similar as I really like the way you sit with them.
Also its really hard to find a used metal guitar where I live thats not low end

do you fancy a Xiphos?or a warrior?

then again,all the good ones come with a trem..

then a VMNT or a Tyrant will fit your bill just right
Carvin Ultra V and never look back. You can get one used for $400 and it'll smoke every single one of the guitars you listed. Or you can get a brand new custom shop one with whatever specs you want for $800+. 24 frets, string thru body, great pickups, locking sperzel tuners, neck-thru body...

Here's mine to gas you up:

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Jun 9, 2010,
if you could find one of these it would be perfect I think:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLS3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520335

no v shape tho,

btw whats wrong with a floyd :p I seem to be one of the few people actually liking them

edit: btw make sure that whatever you decide to buy, make sure it has a compound radius neck, ever since I got my jackson I hate playing on the ibanez guitars I have lying around unless you don't have a problem with it that is

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Last edited by numinis at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
do you fancy a Xiphos?or a warrior?

then again,all the good ones come with a trem..

then a VMNT or a Tyrant will fit your bill just right

Yeah I´ve always liked the warrior, thats pretty much the reason I was looking into the stealth as it was neck-through and didnt have a trem.

I´ll check the Carvin model before I decide, otherwise I will probably get the VMNT
Quote by numinis
if you could find one of these it would be perfect I think:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SLS3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520335

no v shape tho,

btw whats wrong with a floyd :p I seem to be one of the few people actually liking them

Well the fact that I never use it and constantly change tuning from E to D# which takes really long with it

And the soloist would be great but I cant find a comfortrable position to play sitting with strat/superstrat body shapes
Used Ultra Vs pop up on ebay every now and then, I scored mine for an insane $400 with the deluxe hardshell case. I've played the VMNT and to be honest it doesn't even come close.
Quote by CustomAxe
Used Ultra Vs pop up on ebay every now and then, I scored mine for an insane $400 with the deluxe hardshell case. I've played the VMNT and to be honest it doesn't even come close.

+1
Gonna keep an eye out for the Ultra V then checked the website but getting one to Sweden was really expensive
I've played a few, meh in my opinion. Check ebay dude, they pop up relatively frequently. Either way, even if you get the most basic ultra V it'll be like 800 and your budget was around $1000. Shipping to Sweden can't be more than 200 bucks can it?
well I checked the stock and they didnt have any so I looked at the custom and it was like 1400 or something
Why don't you just get a KV5?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by AllAroundMetal
There is only the KV5FR with the trem

Aaah, true. Big mistake not to make a KV5.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Look on eBay for a used Jackson King V with no trem. I'd bet that it would have a much more similar feel to your RR24 than a VMNT. That being said, the VMNT is a fine guitar, and it also is pretty high quality, especially for Deans. The V-300 would definitely be a step down from your RR24, AND it's got EMG's too. So either get the VMNT or find a hard tail Jackson KV.
EDIT: Also, have a gander at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kevin-Bond-Signature-Jackson-V-Guitar-/250644349061?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item3a5b914085#ht_627wt_1137
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Last edited by simpleben09 at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by SilverRock113
Alexi-600?

It's got a trem, and an EMG, which he doesn't want
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by AllAroundMetal
including taxes and shipping it starts on 14000kr which equals $1700

You're telling me the difference between me buying the Carvin and you buying the same exact Carvin is almost $1000?! What the hell? How is that possible?
Quote by CustomAxe
You're telling me the difference between me buying the Carvin and you buying the same exact Carvin is almost $1000?! What the hell? How is that possible?

yeah seems like all other countries but the US has really high prices, cant see the american site as it redirects direktly to the international one.

that kevin bond sig. is pretty nice, doesnt ship to europe though =/
Last edited by AllAroundMetal at Jun 9, 2010,
Jackson RR5?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Page 1 of 2