My low E string is, when a fret is pressed and hit a little harder produces a trebmling buzz sound, which isn't detected by the pickups. Its also kinda distorted (it could only be my amplifier though). I also asked in the store about the buzzing and they told me that its nothing to worry about... So anyone know whats up with the buzz. My guitar has 24 medium frets and it only happens on the low E string, none other.
Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: Its a metal sound, as if the string is hitting the fret before it and it never happens on the first fret.
Last edited by Verigil at Jun 9, 2010,
yes, it's common, it's called fret buzz, and if it's not picked up by your amp then it's normal.

if it bothers you that much, you can raise the bridge a little, see if it helps.

personally i wouldnt raise a bridge to compensate for some acoustic buzz but it's up to you.

for tips, click the green link in my sig.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, Im posting because this isn't a quiet little buzz, but its quite loud. Thats why I wanna get rid of it.
so then click the link.

raise the bridge, and or check the neck's relief.

you were the one said, not picked up by the pups...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

the Low E is harder to fret, you might not be fretting it cleanly, and picking up some buzz.
what type of guitar , type of bridge is it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62